Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Nerf the bull

killerkiller Posts: 1,163Member
I know things may be different at the top of ladder... but from where I’m standing Bull needs a nerf. My favorite mode is showdown and in so many games I see 30-50% of players playing bull. And it seems to have the highest winrate. It seems strong in every mode (soccer, heist, showdown, gem grab).
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    I don't have a problem with Bull as much as I do with Bo, Brock, or Poco. Plus, I feel El Primo is better in most scenarios
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,163Member
    Poco? I’m surprised. Maybe it’s different maxxed but I kind of thought he was one of the weakest. The easiset players I’ve been able to push trophies with are colt, bull, primo and maybe dyna mike
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    The current showdown map (cavern churn) is literally 70% bulls. Hes op enough without designing a map that caters specifically to his strengths
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    I just watched 10 showdowns to completion on the cavern churn map... winners
    Bull- 6 wins
    Shelley-3
    Beau (I believe he had star power) 1

If one character type is winning 60% of matches I think thats a sign he’s OP
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    Bull is an extremely polarizing brawler, though. While he's okay in a few gamemodes, he's really bad in others. You're definitely picking and choosing your data from showdown as that's definitely bull's best map due to the abundance of grass.

Also, bull is an easy brawler to play, and it's a common brawler. You'll realize that other brawlers at higher rarities do much better and can counter bull very easily.

And when you're talking about brawl ball for him being good? That's far from the truth. El Primo outclasses him in every other way with higher health, better super for the gamemode, and faster speed, and there's too many long range brawlers for bull to really make a difference.

And gem grab is run by longer range brawlers, healers, and turret users. Bull does not fit in that meta at all.

And don't even get started on bounty. Except for probably one map (which there is a lot of grass), bull gets outranged and killed before he can get his shots in.

Duo showdown is an iffy one for bull. While I am not experienced in that mode, I can say that bull is really only okay in that mode. Not amazing, but okay.

So, that leaves solo showdown and heist, where bull's super is the only reason for his dominance and solo showdown only working when there's little room and lots of grass like cavern churn.

Like, it's really hard for bull to win on the showdown map double trouble (which is the map in rotation right now) due to the open space and the lack of grass.

The main problem is that there is an overabundance of bulls which causes there to be "more wins". You are pretty much able to find at least one bull (and maybe even more) in at least 50% of solo showdown matches. And the bulls that I run into have 100-200 trophies above other brawlers, so more there's more experience with the brawler.

So, bull doesn't really have a choke hold on the meta as you believe.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
    Hi Math... just curious if you are at a higher cuprange/experience ? Because while I do see some of the legendaries and such there not common enough To reduce the power of bulls where I play. This may be like in clash where the game play experience for people at 5200 cups is radically different then the people at 4k. (I still don’t have 11 of the brawlers and I have to assume a lot of the people I’m matched against are in a similar position. Like, I know leon is really OP but its rare to come up against one compared to the bull for instance.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • SamirMishraSamirMishra Posts: 331Member
    Bull doesn't need a nerf, Agreed with Mathboi. Before global Release Bull was literally bad in every gamemode especially showdown where he gets killed earlier by Mass teamers. Definitely bull is Overused in this meta but He's still very easy to counter unless you mind your steps on bushes. They buffed the shotgunners to increase their viability to play.
    Hi. SamirMishra here an Active Forumer from SC forums. Feel free to Private Message me when you need Help. Thanks. Yours Faithfully.
    V30GAmy.png
    Thank you very much @DeltaDroid4 for this Beautiful Signature! All credits to him! Want a sig? Visit his shop now! He's a great Growlithe Artist -smirk-
    Playing CoC and BS happily! Oh and yeah back to Clash royale but casually.
    Want to chat with me? ¶Discord: SAMIR#7795, ¶Forums:https://forum.supercell.com/member.php/1707508-SamirMishra
    But now showdown is dominated by shotgunners... I have seen 8-9 shotgunners in some matches.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    You need to check every bushes for Shotgunners. They cannot do anything against you if you don't let them come near you. You need to be cautious. Shotgunners and Tanks situation is still very bad at High level gameplay.
    Hi. SamirMishra here an Active Forumer from SC forums. Feel free to Private Message me when you need Help. Thanks. Yours Faithfully.
    V30GAmy.png
    Thank you very much @DeltaDroid4 for this Beautiful Signature! All credits to him! Want a sig? Visit his shop now! He's a great Growlithe Artist -smirk-
    Want to chat with me? ¶Discord: SAMIR#7795, ¶Forums:https://forum.supercell.com/member.php/1707508-SamirMishra
    If they aren’t going to nerf bull then make less maps like cavern churn which are literally 70-80% bulls
    SamirMishra
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    The maps are Shotgunners specific and they are actually made to favour those, Still you can survive the horde of bulls and shelly, you just need to keep distance from them.
    V30GAmy.png