Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Checks and Counters

I have got tired of everybody targetting a few cards, saying that they have a lot of counters (most common with Sparky).

Counters are cards that can beat another one when placed at the bridge at the same time and both being unsupported, or when it cannot be damaged by the other card and both must be unsupported. Examples of this are Mini PEKKA that counters Wizard (Wizard will hit the Mini PEKKA once but he will die to one slash) or Mega Minion that counters Bomber (Bomber does 0 damage to Mega Minion since he cannot target air). For spells, that spell has to OHKO that card. For example Zap OHKOes Bats, so it is a counter. But it cannot OHKO Archers so it is not a counter.

What about other cases. What if they place the counter after my card. What if they place it anywhere else besides the bridge. Well this is not a counter. This is where check comes to play. A Check is a card that can defeat a card in every scenario except on the bridge when dropped at the same time. This includes surrounding, kiting, having support or utilizing Spawn Damage. Examples are Ice Golem checking Electro Dragon (by kiting), Barbarians checking a Sparky (by surrounding) or a Bomber that checks a Bandit (with support of another card like Skeletons)

So to conclude cards have a lot of checks but very few counters. Of course that depends on the card.
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• ShaggsShaggs Posts: 526Member
    I highly disagree with your definition of "Counter"....

Example... Ice golem can counter a lot of cards with the "kite" play and tower support.... that is the purpose of the card... you must understand this right?

Counter is to place a card or cards that cost less or equal elixir to render a card useless...

by your definition, every card counters the elixir pump.... but who in the world drops it at the line? A pump is always defended? So you are saying that there are no counters?