Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[Card Idea] Introducing: Low Placement Skill but High Risk Siege, "Fort Knight"

ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,320Member
edited January 3 in Ideas & Feature Requests
sup' mate ferrell34 here!
Today, i want to introduce you to my latest card concept in 2019!
But before going into the card, there are things i'd like to say first (you may skip)
It has been awhile that i'm invested into card creating for Clash Royale and i have never been tired of it. The reason that pushed me so far isn't just my hobby, but the feedback and attention of the community i had received. I had receive dozens of feedbacks since i joined the official forums in 2016 until now. And it's really helpful, not only just for my card creating experience but also for me as a human being.

So a HUGE shoutout for everyone that helped me so far! Thank you so much.

and NOW without further ado, let's begin!
FORT KNIGHT
Solid Building that shoots each enemy that is: nearby, abit far, and far away from it. Mostly expensive due to construction bills.

Statistics

Main Menu Stats:
Cost: 7 Elixir | Type: Building | Rarity: EPIC

Card Stats (Tournament Standart)
Hitpoints: 1513 | Damage: 95 | DPS: 63 | Hit Speed: 1.5 sec | Targets: Ground & Air | Range: 11.5 tiles | Lifetime: 40 sec | Deploy Time: 5 sec

Hidden Stats
Hitbox: 1.1 tiles | Tile Requirement: 3x3 | Sight Range: 4 tiles (C), 7.5 tiles (B), 11.5 tiles (A) | First Attack Speed: 0.3 sec

Speciality

From first glance you may see it as a bulkier, slower, and less destructive X-Bow. But the truth is, you're very wrong (if you think it that way).

Fort Knight is a building that can target and damage upto three enemy units at the same time as long as they are in different regions of it's range. Confused on how it works? Don't worry, i got you covered with this image right here:

aFWHK0v.png

For more clarification:
Since it's like three troops standing on top of a building (similiar to how two Spear Goblins riding on top of Goblin Giant), each of the region's attacks does not interrupt with others. But when the building (Fort Knight) is frozen or slowed by Ice Wiz, all of them are affected.

Conclusion:
- Able to target upto three enemies without interuppting each's DPS
- Impossible to deal an enemy twice or even thrice the damage, because of the different region mechanic

Usage

1. Offense
- Win Condition
With the range of 11.5 tiles, it's sure can snipe towers down. But what advantage does it have from XBow? XBow has more DPS, faster deploy time, and cheaper. Simple. Fort Knight has different region of attack in it's range, there's a close region (blue), mid-range region (green), and far region (red).

Which means that Fort Knight can keep sniping in the CT area, while dealing with enemy troops on the bridge or midway to the CT separately (no interuption). Thus, less support are needed for Fort Knight to be able to connect to the tower (and less effort to deal with the opponent's counterpush). Also don't forget that Fort Knight attacks AIR, unlike XBow.

2. Defense
- Basic Defense
7 Elixir for sure is one heck of Elixir to spend. It's gonna cost your game if you're going to use it for offense only throughout the match. Because of that, try to gain elixir advantage by defending pushes with Fort Knight. Highly recommended to use it againts Beatdown pushes such as Giant Wizard.

When the enemy starts with Giant behind the KT, place your Fort Knight 4 tiles in front of the KT to lure the Giant later. Remember, Fort Knight can target the Giant and the Wizard at the same time. Use less support as needed unless the enemy fireballs or Rockets your Fort Knight.

Note: If it turns out that Fort Knight was able to bait out kids spells, you could take that as an advantage to your deck.

Countering Fort Knight

When Fort Knight is placed on the bridge, you could either:
1. Push the other lane with Hog or Battle Ram, and only support them with cheap spells such as Snowball.
2. Place something tanky and slow at front of the CT like Golem (negating most of the damage Fort Knight does). Then, when Golem walks into the mid-range of Fort Knight and distracts the Fort Knight's mid-range (green) region. Place a ranged glass cannon in that region to take out Fort Knight, ex: Flying Machine.

When Fort Knight is used on defense, you could defend your push by:
1. Place Minion Horde or Royal Hogs near the river at the middle to distract or take out Fort Knight.
2. Chip Fort Knight with spells such as Poison or Lightning along with their CT and at least one of their valuable support like Ice Golem.
What do you think? Please leave a feedback to show your support!
Thanks for reading mates, have a nice day! :+1:
JcttehTheWise
EarthThis signature is my city
Tagged:

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,320Member
    edited January 4
    QnA:
    1.Q:
    I have 1 (stupid) problem with it: how the heck does it look? Is just a regular tower with three floors with a dude in each one? Or is something different?
    A: I was planning that it would be a plain tower with windows marked on each floor it has all around the room. But i definitely prefer that it shapes other than square or rectangle.

..no, Fort Knight isn't a reference to a battle royale game called PUBG :crsmirk:

Suggestions
    1. JcttehTheWise:
    I think, in order to not encourage a too defensive playstyle with this card, A damage should be higher and B and C lower, specially B because it's the range that most likely Will target support.

Change Logs
    01/04/19: Added QnA, Change Logs, and Suggestions.
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,896Member
    You must be too passionate to still make long card idea threads even with the current innactivity, kuddos for that! :+1:

I'm not going in depth with stats, but with the concept itself (anyway I feel like damage is quite low for such slow hitspeed, ut I didn't made the math so no detailed cmplains about that).

I see this card as a weaker X-Bow with special goblin giant/ram rider mechanics, which makes it more or less theorically balanced (I think this is important because there are some card concepts that are theorically unbalanced and as a result they are hard to balance, such as Ebarbs).

I have 1 (stupid) problem with it: how the heck does it look? Is just a regular tower with three floors with a dude in each one? Or is something different? Tbh I'd love to make a card image of it but I'm just a bit confused with its appearance :astonished:

Another thing I'm not sure about is if all three ranges should have the same damage/hit speed, because maybe the card is "too" good on defense compared with other siege buildings. I imagine classic beatdown combo being relatively easily countered because range C targets the tank while range B and range C target the support. I think, in order to not encourage a too defensive playstyle with this card, A damage should be higher and B and C lower, specially B because it's the range that most likely Will target support.

Nothing more to add, just thank you for keeping this fórum alive with great content! :+1:
    ferrell34
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,320Member
    edited January 5
    You must be too passionate to still make long card idea threads even with the current innactivity, kuddos for that! :+1:
    Thanks mate.
    I see this card as a weaker X-Bow with special goblin giant/ram rider mechanics, which makes it more or less theorically balanced (I think this is important because there are some card concepts that are theorically unbalanced and as a result they are hard to balance, such as Ebarbs).
    Agreed.
    I have 1 (stupid) problem with it: how the heck does it look? Is just a regular tower with three floors with a dude in each one? Or is something different? Tbh I'd love to make a card image of it but I'm just a bit confused with its appearance :astonished:
    Tbh, i only imagined it as a tall tower with windows marked on the wall of each floor. Which is honestly boring.

Maybe the lower the floor the wider the room? Thus, it became some sort of a blocky pyramid (or triangle) structure. And it's made out of steel, like Mortar.
    Another thing I'm not sure about is if all three ranges should have the same damage/hit speed, because maybe the card is "too" good on defense compared with other siege buildings. I imagine classic beatdown combo being relatively easily countered because range C targets the tank while range B and range C target the support. I think, in order to not encourage a too defensive playstyle with this card, A damage should be higher and B and C lower, specially B because it's the range that most likely Will target support.
    Honestly i was considering that before, but i'm afraid that it would become too complicated to summarize in the card description. Many people didn't use Ram Rider's multitargeting ability since it isn't explained in the card decription and was too hard to notice.

But that's just me. Even though i think Fort Knight is balanced with all that being said (since the DPS is similiar to Skeleton, i imagined that this card functions similiar to Tombstone in head to head defense). I'm going to put your idea into the thread.

Thank you for the feedback :) @JcttehTheWise