Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Balance change attempt

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,118Member
edited January 3 in Card Balance Discussion
Let's go through another round of balance changes.

Battle Ram: Damage decreased by 8%, Sight Range increase to 7.5 meters

Battle Ram has been really dominant in a lot of decks, especially in Bridge Spam decks. This debuff is to bring them in check.

Freeze: Added Crown Tower Damage

I am pretty sure that the fact that a Freeze deals full damage to Princess Towers and King Towers is an oversight by Supercell. This is getting fixed with this debuff.

Barbarian Barrel
Cost increase to 3 Elixir, Damage increase by 40%, travel distance increase to 8 meters, added knockback

This will bring it back to the 3 Elixir cost but with far more glory as the Barbarian will be instantly locked to the Princess Tower if the Barbarian Barrel is placed behind the bridge.

Bomber
Area increased to 6.25π

Bomber really struggles in every place in the entire game. Tournaments, Leagues and even in lower Arenas. So we will increase the Area that he will do damage. It will become equal to Fireball's Area so make sure that you will never surrond him.

Valkyrie
Hitpoints decreased by 6%, first attack happens faster

With the change she will finally be dethroned from the Mini Tank with the most Hitpoints throne. In exchange for that, she will hit faster with the first spin. In fact so fast that she can once again shut down a Goblin Barrel when she is placed at the correct time

Royal Recruits
Cost increase to 8 Elixir, Attack Speed increase to 1.1 seconds, Shield Hitpoints increase by 84%, spawns 8 Royal Recruits

If they cost 8 Elixir, then they are not used anywhere while if they cost 7 Elixir, they are used with Barbarian Hut and Three Musketeers. This should not be the case. So they are brought back to 8 Elixir with a massive increase to their stats.

Witch
Cost decrease to 3 Elixir, hitpoints decrease by 60%, attack speed increase to 0.7 seconds

She can be OHKOed by Fireball with the change. In exchamge for that, she will cost 40% less and she will once again attack faster, making her a walking Tombstone, instead of a tankier walking Tombstone

Royal Giant
Deploy time increase to 5 seconds, range increase to 6 meters

After the last change, he became a waste of 6 Elixir. Now while not his former glory, he will outrange the Cannon and he can bypass the Tesla. He still does not outrange the Inferno Tower. In exchange, the deploy time change will bring him to the back of the Arena instead of the center.

Sparky
Spawns fully charged

She pretty much contradicts with the Royal Ghost that spawns invisible. For consistency, she will spawn fully charged.

Tombstone, Furnace, Goblin Hut, Barbarian Hut
Lifetime increase by 10 seconds, first wave does not spawn instantly.

For consistancy with the Elixir Collector that does not spawn Elixir instantly. Tombstone will spawn its first wave 3.1 secomds after its deploy time, Furnace after 10 seconds, Goblin Hut after 4.7 seconds and Barbarian Hut after 14 seconds. With the other change Tombstone will spawn 2 extra waves, Goblin Hut 1 extra wave and Furnace and Barbarian Hut no extra waves

Poison
Damage decrease by 50%, ticks happen every 0.5 seconds (overall damage remains the same)

It will no longer OHKO Skeletons or Bats after the change. But it will still finish them of in 1 second. It mostly changes interactions with other cards who will be killed 0.5 seconds earlier than with the old Poison. Also for consistency with Heal and Tornado who have the same tick frequency.

Miner
Crown Tower damage decrease by 12.5%

For consistency with spell change that happened a year ago.

Dark Prince
Damage increase by 6%, Shield Hitpoints increase by 12%

He seems to be out of favor, despite the high amount of Three Musketeers and Goblin Gangs in the meta. He will be able to finish of those cards far more easily

Cannon Cart
No longer depletes hitpoints if cloned

It makes no sence that something that has 1 hitpoint still depletes it. And if it gets hit then it will be killed no matter how much hitpoints have been depleted. So a cloned Cannon Cart will never expire if its Shield is destroyed, making more sence to use Clone on it.

Lava Pup
Speed increase to Very Fast

This will minimise the chases that Lava Pups do when distracting them with a Mini Tank like Ice Golem. They will also tie with Bats for the fastest Air troop in the game.

Hunter
Hitpoints increase by 1%

This is to fix a rounding error when he had same hitpoints and Mega Minion and Royal Hogs at some levels but higher at other. Now he will always have higher hitpoints than these troops at all levels

Princess
Hitpoints increase by 1%

Same as Hunter, this time it is a rounding error between her and Dart Goblin.

Those are all the changes.
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    I'll make it short. Could be extended any time in the future.

Battle Ram: Damage decreased. Sight Range increased. (Nerf)

Agreed. Battle Ram has showed enough dominance for quite a long time now. Making it any harder to reach the tower would be the end of Battle Ram.

Freeze: CT damage.

Agreed. It's two minions with one stone. A nerf and a spell consistency fix.

Barbarian Barrel: Cost +1. Damage, Roll distance increased. Added Knockback.

Disagreed. Barb Barrel indeed is too strong due to the rolling speed and the Barbarian combined for the elixir cost. But it's going to have another power with this change. I'd say Barb Barrel just need a reduction at the roll distance.

Bomber: AoE increased.

Agreed. Bomber needs to up it's game in accuracy. Especially as a 3 elixir card that is fragile and doesn't attack air.

Valkyrie: HP decreased. First attack faster.

Agreed. RumHam reverted the wrong buff.

Royal Recruits: More Recruits, More HP, slower hitspeed, +1 cost.

Disagreed. The changes are simply too much for a card that has seen the spotlight only for a week.

Witch: HP nerf, Cost 3 elixir.

Disagreed. RIP Tombstone.

Royal Giant: Deploy Time increased to 5 seconds, Range increased to 6.

Disagreed. IMO this change literally put Royal Giant no where in terms of it's history of advantage as a card. Snipy and Slow, no. Big Menacing guy, no. It has no advantage at all.

Sparky: Spawns fully charged.

Disagreed. That's like adding a 1000 spawn damage to Sparky. You know what happen to a 7 elixir MK with 480 Spawn Damage some time ago.

Spawner change: 10 sec +. No first spawn.

Disagreed. Tombstone, Goblin Hut would be more dominating. But Barb Hut and Furnace would be underwhelming then.

Poison: 0.5 tick. 50% damage per tick reduced.

Disagreed. Poison is in tough position right now. Any nerf to it would finally declare Fireball's domination. Also, Poison is used to underwhelming because it cannot instantly remove skeletons out of the area back then.

Miner: less CT damage.

Agreed. Miner has been dominating in every archetype right now due to it's chippy damage. He should be recognize as a quick tank again.

Dark Prince: more damage. more shield hp.

Agreed. Dark Prince needed some love.

Cannon Cart: Clone Cannon Cartless does not expire.

Disagreed. Too specific and unsignificant of a change.

Lava Pup: faster.

Disagreed. Lavaloon is still a viable deck right now, it isn't wise to buff Lavahound during this time.

Hunter and Princess: +1% HP.

Agreed. Any rounding error fix is very welcomed.

Out of 17 changes listed, 8 changes are worthy to be ingame.
    But one change shouldn't represent other changes, so this Balance changes shouldn't be taken as horrible as a whole.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
    I’m sorry to say I have more disagreements then places where I agree-

Big one- I am a battle ram user, having been using it in an original deck since it came out. I completely disagree that the ram is the problem. Its rise for months is in decks where there are other OP cards.... other cards imo you have wrongly ignored. Out of the top decks its used in, the biggest decktype is 3M, a card that has consistently had one of the highest winrates for as long as I can remember. It is also used with pekka which according to statsroyal has a 72+% winrate (higher then ram). Other cards paired with in classic challenges... barb hut and royal recruits, other cards who have been buffed as of late and are strong. So I disagree that ram is the issue... its the other OP cards the ram is paired with that need attention.

Freeze- its more then tower damage at issue. The card is too strong and overused (1 in 3 grand challenge decks,)

Barb barrel- disagree.

Bomber- this card has been buffed so many times. I’m ok with it as is.

Valk- agreed needs minor nerf.

Royal recruits- I am not one looking for another 8 elixir card. If it needs nerf go different route imo.

Witch - I don’t know... have to think about it.

RG- I don’t play the card but my understanding is RG is better now by majority of pros. I only use it in draft challenges but I’ve won with it where previously it was kind of useless. So I’m going to have to go with disagree.

Sparky- would make it way OP.

Spawners- disagree multiple reasons.

Poison- imo this would kill poison... its ability to kill skeles and bats quickly is keeping it alive.

Miner- not sure about the size of nerf but agreed that card is due a nerf (even though I just got it to lvl12)

Dark prince- I think the princes are fine.

Cannon cart- I wouldn’t say never..,, I don’t know much about this as I’ve never seen this situation

Lava pups... disagree that hound needs buff

Hunter and princess - fine I guess

Again- mostly disagreements and I think 3m and pekka are wrongly ignored
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,118Member
    I think you do not understand the Poison change. It will not OHKO Skeletons anymore. However the will still die after 1 second which is exactly the same time as the current Poison. It will take more hits but still the same time. Plus against other troops like Goblins, they will be killed half a second faster than with the old Poison.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 134Member
    The problem with barb barrel isn't its damage or roll distance; it is the lack of knockback that makes it stupid strong.

When thrown at enemy melee troops at the right moment, the barbarian spawns within a couple of tiles, forcing the melee units to back track and giving friendly tower and ranged support units more time to take them out. Those few extra seconds on top of the one or two hits he often gets in are definitely worth more than two elixer, especially considering how much damage the barrel deals already.

When the barb barrele had the knockback effect, enemy melee troops were often pushed out of the friendly support troops range, and sometimes the towers range, and right next to the barbarian, rendering the barbarian quite useless since he was often killed instantly and rarely got in more than one attack, if any.
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5877
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 13, Poison 13, B Dragon 13, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 13, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 13

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 624Member
    i just skimmed your updates and to be honest, they are very extreme and not exactly needed.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/7467/brainiacboys-ama#latest

check out my AMA!!!