Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Balance changes Jan 2019

killerkiller Posts: 1,144Member
I gotta say I’m once again underwhelmed by the balance changes. First, the list-

Heal: Elixir Cost decreased 3 -> 1, Duration Reduced 2.5 -> 2, Healing/sec -63%

(Time will tell... but making heal viable was nowhere on my radar of things needing attention)

Magic Archer: First Attack faster
(fine)

Goblin Giant: Hitpoints +3%, Spear Goblin Range Increased
(Good)

Golem: Golemite Death Damage Pushback reduced
(Fine.,, though questionable if it will have much impact)

Freeze: Tower Damage -65%
(While needed to be consistent it doesn’t address the real issue with freeze and doubtful will impact the high use and winrates currently seen with freeze. Its throwing a bandaid on a broken leg)

Sparky: Range Increased 4.5 -> 5
(I’m predicting card will be OP. Card was already high risk high reward, thus just lowers the risk)

Battle Ram: Charge Damage -11%
(Bad imo... I wrote about this elsewhere... the issue isn’t the ram, its the cards ram supports, all of which are ignored... I’m looking at you 3M, Pekka)

Barbarian Hut: Hitpoints -7%
(Good)

Barbarian Barrel: Deploy Time reduced
(Questionable... previously whenits deploy time was slow it was unusable.)

Valkyrie: Hit Speed increased 1.6 -> 1.5
(Unneeded imo and I use valk. I don’t agree it needed a buff and woukd prefer they focused elsewhere)

Mainly I have been waiting for a pekka nerf for months, a 3m nerf for probably a year. I am a battleram user and think the ram nerf is misplaced as detailed above. I think freeze is OP and their nerf doesn’t impact it enough.

Your thoughts?

vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,276Moderator
    I think most if not all the changes are reasonable. Seth said that when he was doing these balances he didn't have a great idea on how to nerf them but would maybe take a look at them in February. I too wanted a Pekka nerf
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 292Member
    The nerfs seem unspectacular. Maybe the first nerfs for that nobody can complain. Only barb barrel, I liked to use it. I didn't try the slow version yet.
    Heal is interesting, I hope it won't change the meta completely!
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,396Moderator
    MasterCal wrote: »
    I think most if not all the changes are reasonable. Seth said that when he was doing these balances he didn't have a great idea on how to nerf them but would maybe take a look at them in February. I too wanted a Pekka nerf

All aboard for a PEKKA nerf.

In a serious note, the changes this time are actually not bad. The Heal change might be the best change in this round if it works smoothly as planned (cheap spell counter but does not save glass cannon from being zappable, ex: Wizard).
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,144Member
    The sparky buff is just dumb as sparky placed behind left tower can kill anything attacking right tower with tornado.

And in response to people saying there are decent changes... I agree but at the expense of changing things that needed it more. Another month if pekka and 3m i
    Sucks.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,014Member
    Actually no, Heal spell is the worst of these changes. Eveything can outdamage it now.

The best one of these? Probably Sparky because she can counter the Electro Wizard now.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • JAMJAM64JAMJAM64 Posts: 12Member
    I agree that pekka and 3m need to be nerfed, but how exactly would they nerf 3m without pushing the 1 musketeer out of use too far. That is why i think they are nerfing support cards such as battle ram to make 3m and pekka less useful since there are less good support cards for it.
    MasterCal
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,943Moderator
    JAMJAM64 wrote: »
    I agree that pekka and 3m need to be nerfed, but how exactly would they nerf 3m without pushing the 1 musketeer out of use too far. That is why i think they are nerfing support cards such as battle ram to make 3m and pekka less useful since there are less good support cards for it.

Also valk (a decent 3m counter) was buffed. Anyway, they can do 2 things: either touch a stat not related to musketeer herself such as deploy time or spawn size, or do something simmilar to last goblin giant's change (which is awesome btw) and touch stats with the justification of being 3 muskies instead of 1, such as first attack speed because… they are not syncronised?
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
    killer wrote: »
    The sparky buff is just dumb as sparky placed behind left tower can kill anything attacking right tower with tornado.

For the record, Sparkynado is dead. The most viable Sparky deck right now is Sparky Bait.

Been more than a year of using Sparky competitively, so don't expect me to not catch up with the latest effective Sparky deck.
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,144Member
    ferrell34 wrote: »

For the record, Sparkynado is dead. The most viable Sparky deck right now is Sparky Bait.

Been more than a year of using Sparky competitively, so don't expect me to not catch up with the latest effective Sparky deck.

Well the reason I posted this was I came up against a sparknado deck. His sparky was behind his ledt tower. My royal hogs were attacking his left tower. He nadod my hogs and his sparky killed them from the opposite tower. I think that reach is too much.

vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:

Well they can do they opposite. Buff the Musketeer (and the Three Musketeers) and then increase the cost of the Three Musketeers to 10 Elixir.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Well the reason I posted this was I came up against a sparknado deck. His sparky was behind his ledt tower. My royal hogs were attacking his left tower. He nadod my hogs and his sparky killed them from the opposite tower. I think that reach is too much.

It's just hard counter, not being overpowered.

Inferno Tower disintigrates Golem, but can't handle 2 Minions from a Minion Horde well. Same thing applies here. Sparkynado banish any Royal Hogs from it's teritory, but if you have something like Zap-that combo would be worthless.

I could say that Zap reseting Sparky is too much. But that's just how the mafia works how the game works.

Anyway, they can do 2 things: either touch a stat not related to musketeer herself such as deploy time or spawn size, or do something simmilar to last goblin giant's change (which is awesome btw) and touch stats with the justification of being 3 muskies instead of 1, such as first attack speed because… they are not syncronised?
    Increasing deploy time is a buff because they can stack more elixir if played from the back. So is staggered deploy time according to Seth on Twitter
    Giorgakis wrote: »

Well they can do they opposite. Buff the Musketeer (and the Three Musketeers) and then increase the cost of the Three Musketeers to 10 Elixir.

I'm not a fan of making the card 10 unless mirror doesn't cost +1 to play. Plus, that means that the "11th elixir" would have to return otherwise every time you play 3M you leak a bit of elixir.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Anyway, they can do 2 things: either touch a stat not related to musketeer herself such as deploy time or spawn size, or do something simmilar to last goblin giant's change (which is awesome btw) and touch stats with the justification of being 3 muskies instead of 1, such as first attack speed because… they are not syncronised?
    Increasing deploy time is a buff because they can stack more elixir if played from the back. So is staggered deploy time according to Seth on Twitter

I'm not a fan of making the card 10 unless mirror doesn't cost +1 to play. Plus, that means that the "11th elixir" would have to return otherwise every time you play 3M you leak a bit of elixir.

Actually Mirroring them would still cost 10 Elixir.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Their card

Check my AMA here

It's abit disturbing for OCD players. Unless they put "Can't cost more than the elixir in your hand" in the Mirror's card description.

Just playing 10 elixir 3M without Mirror still wastes a bit of elixir due to the delay between dropping the card and the deploy time start. That's what I meant by "leaking elixir."
    pv7u5U6.jpg