Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

WubWub - Dark Princess

Meet the Dark Princess!
The Dark Princess is the Dark Elixir counterpart to the Princess, just as the Dark Prince is to the Prince. Her range is the same, but instead of firing flaming arrows, she sports a high-power crossbow that shoots devastating bolts!

Attacking Strategies
The Dark Princess has the same range as the Princess, meaning she can act as a siege unit by standing on the bridge and chipping away tower health. Her attack is different than the Princess' because she doesn't do area damage. Instead, she loads her crossbow and fires bolts, doing high damage in single shots. Her long range, however, means that as soon as she crosses the bridge, she "locks on" to the enemy tower. However, her initial attack comes two seconds after she locks on - this is to prevent a Dark Princess at the bridge from getting guaranteed damage on the tower when played at the bridge.

Defensive Strategies
The Dark Princess can hide in the corner of your side of the arena to defend against tanks. As long as she is out of harm's way, she can deal significant blows to a tank's health. Again, her long range means she is more of a siege unit than a defensive unit.

Defending Against the Dark Princess
Direct damage spells don't work well against her, but a Log can knock her back and force her to retarget. Melee troops defeat her easily when she is on the bridge and focused on the enemy towers or tanks. She is somewhat challenging to defeat if she is hiding because of her shield, so wait for her to come out into the open, then use a swarm or mini tank against her.

Card Example:

oklpo9g09ofl.png
card image created with Clash Royale Card Maker

The Dark Princess provides a counterpart to the Princess with completely different attacks. Her slow attack speed balances the troop. She can be used as a powerful siege unit or as a counter for tanks.

This thread was ported over from the official forums - it was made at the beginning of March 2017. I made some significant balancing changes and gave the card image itself a makeover! Meet the new and improved Dark Princess!
Card Concepts:
- Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
Balance Suggestions - Updated!
What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?

Comments

• FusionBoltFusionBolt Posts: 179Member
    Nice how you got your old ideas here, I might do so too.
    Electro.png
    Current high: 3085 trophies, CR Content Creator, And Loyal Hog Rider user!
    Hog Rider Stats: Usage: 28% +2.5% Win-rate: 48% -1.5%
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 2,019Moderator
    I can't see the image...

Anyway, I'm not sure if bringing here our card ideas is a good idea, after all, they aren't going to be erased, just closed.

But if you really moddified it, I guess is reasonable to post it here :+1:
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    I can't see the image...

Anyway, I'm not sure if bringing here our card ideas is a good idea, after all, they aren't going to be erased, just closed.

But if you really moddified it, I guess is reasonable to post it here :+1:

I did modify it. I gave her a slower initial load time so it's easier to react to her at the bridge. And a new card image as well, with some stats tweaks!
    If Tim agrees to spare the official forums, I may update my old Dark Princess thread with this new stuff! But if not... well, I want my ideas to live on. :)
    Card Concepts:
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 2,019Moderator
    Oh god, that princess face... well... nevermind...

Do you think she could outclass Dart Goblin or Flying Machine? That shield helps veeeeery much
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
    Oh god, that princess face... well... nevermind...

Do you think she could outclass Dart Goblin or Flying Machine? That shield helps veeeeery much

That face is pretty great. XD
    I don't think so. Dart Goblin has a fast attack speed and insanely fast retargeting speed - he wrecks swarms. Flying Machine, maybe, but the Flying Machine has better DPS and a faster fire rate. It's like a Flying Musketeer/Mega Minion combo. I don't see her outclassing either of those cards.
    I used to be worried about Princess power creep, but Princess has her own uses. She can clean up small swarms from the other side of the field, and excels at baiting out the Log, which some people might be reluctant to do to the Dark Princess, as it doesn't completely kill her. (Though with the health nerf I gave her, a Zap and then Log will...) Princess also has a fast initial hit speed, unlike the Dark Princess, who is somewhat easier to react to. In fact, a Zap can kill her shield and reset her, and a Knight can finish her and tank shots.
    Card Concepts:
  • ChuckNKChuckNK Posts: 145Member
    Pretty neat idea, how well would it go with a siege deck, X-Bow specifically?
  • PhantomPhoen1xPhantomPhoen1x Posts: 369Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm pretty impressed by this idea. Very well thought out and I like the 2s initial attack delay so it isn't too easy to get chip. Also happy with the shield, as otherwise spells would just be too easy to use.

I like how its 4 second shooting time gives it a completely different role. However, 75 dps (single target) is not entirely convincing given the Princess already does 46 damage but splash. Maybe could get up to 80 or 85 but again I could be wrong.

The one thing I'm concerned about is how it would either powercreep the princess or be overshadowed by it. They have separate roles but they will have to be balanced well.
    All hail TheBlastoise for this awesome new forum!
    I'm pretty impressed by this idea. Very well thought out and I like the 2s initial attack delay so it isn't too easy to get chip. Also happy with the shield, as otherwise spells would just be too easy to use.

I like how its 4 second shooting time gives it a completely different role. However, 75 dps (single target) is not entirely convincing given the Princess already does 46 damage but splash. Maybe could get up to 80 or 85 but again I could be wrong.

The one thing I'm concerned about is how it would either powercreep the princess or be overshadowed by it. They have separate roles but they will have to be balanced well.

I've always thought of her as a sniper unit who deals relatively high damage from far away. Knight coming down the lane? Play a Dark Princess far away and watch her whittle down the Knight's health from across the field. She's better at single target than the Princess, but she can't bait out spells as well and doesn't have area damage. Although, when played at the bridge, one can use a mini tank like Knight and then zap or log to reset the Dark Princess before she fires, so bait and chip is an option when playing her.

The 2 second attack speed delay was a change made after hearing a bunch of comments about how OP she would be if she had the same initial fire rate as the Princess. It would be unparalleled in terms of siege damage.
    Card Concepts:
  • KingBencentKingBencent Posts: 259Member
    I see how you're bringing this back. Again, still love it. I may bring Crystal Caves back over periodically putting in the ideas that were in so that I don't spam I+FR.
    twpwe7y9tha9.png
    I see how you're bringing this back. Again, still love it. I may bring Crystal Caves back over periodically putting in the ideas that were in so that I don't spam I+FR.

I'm bringing them in periodically as well - and updating them. Most of my ideas need some important tweaks; for instance, my Dark Princess now has half the health as before, and a slower initial attack to balance her. I also added a new card image and tweaked the stats and description. :) I'm actually pretty excited to do this! Sometimes all an idea needs is to be put away and revisited a few weeks or months later and worked on again!
    By the way @KingBencent ... can I do the Moles? :smirk: I sort of want to take a look at them again and try my own version (not that it will be different), because I thought of it when I didn't have a lot of free time and you made the thread instead. Just wondering if I could do it, if you're cool with it. :+1:
    Card Concepts:
  • galaxytroepgalaxytroep Posts: 45Member
    Awesome idea!
    edited October 2017
    Go ahead. I'll bring mine in on my own time as well. Though, I think that I may not bring all of my ideas over. Ground Lifter didn't get much support for example, so I won't bring that over. However, one non CC idea I will bring over is the Templar. You guys seemed to like that.
    twpwe7y9tha9.png
    Go ahead. I'll bring mine in on my own time as well. Though, I think that I may not bring all of my ideas over. Ground Lifter didn't get much support for example, so I won't bring that over. However, one non CC idea I will bring over is the Templar. You guys seemed to like that.

On the contrary, I think I'm going to be making more threads than I did on the official forums. I think I got burned out by making too many threads too quickly, and I just started making half-developed concept threads. This time, I think I'm going to make a thread for each and every idea (for instance, my building ideas thread has some ideas that would be great on their own).
    Card Concepts:
  • TheSteveTheSteve Posts: 17Member
    Love it...
    WubWub wrote: »

On the contrary, I think I'm going to be making more threads than I did on the official forums. I think I got burned out by making too many threads too quickly, and I just started making half-developed concept threads. This time, I think I'm going to make a thread for each and every idea (for instance, my building ideas thread has some ideas that would be great on their own).

Yeah, that's what I started doing towards the beginning of my break. I slowed down, focusing on quality over quantity.
    twpwe7y9tha9.png