Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Radical Rework Idea!

LostParadiseLostParadise Posts: 997Member
edited January 18 in Brawl Stars
Right now Gem Grab is,at least in my opinion,by far the least fun gamemode to play - and also probably the one that involves the least strategy.

The reason behind it is the broken concept of the mode; you just let one person do all the work regarding the gems,while the others keeping the enemies away from range.Then the ''chasing'' phase begins: If your gem carrier survives,you win.If he dies then you lose.

This just shouldn't be how the game is supposed to be played.

So,here's the solution:

One person cannot hold more than nine gems at a time.

No matter how drastic its impact will be on the game,I strongly feel a rework like this is needed.Because in the current state,it's just broken and even worse,you're forced to play that thing all the time or it'll put you a lot of star tokens behind.So it demands immediate attention,regardless of what drawbacks it could bring (which may be handled later on).

With the new rework in effect,the chasers will have at least two targets to choose from,and the gem holders now have to actively defend themselves instead of just running and hiding and watching the teammates distract the enemies for ten seconds and win by sitting.

One of the possible 'drawbacks' I previously mentioned would be extremely long-lasting games,but it's possible to circumvent that by either making the countdown a bit shorter or the gems spawn more often.Really,it isn't such a big issue compared to the one we have right now.

So,the poll and the comment section is there.You talk,you decide. :crsmirk:
Does Gem Grab need a rework?
  1. This is the only question3 votes
    1. Yes,and your rework sounds fine
      66.67%
    2. Yes,but perhaps something different
      33.33%
    3. Not at all
        0.00%
A retired Royaler.
A new Brawler.

Countdown to 1000th Special: 2 posts left!

Comments

• SamirMishraSamirMishra Posts: 308Member
    edited January 19
    Hi. SamirMishra here an Active Forumer from SC forums. Feel free to Private Message me when you need Help. Thanks. Yours Faithfully.
    V30GAmy.png
    Thank you very much @DeltaDroid4 for this Beautiful Signature! All credits to him! Want a sig? Visit his shop now! He's a great Growlithe Artist -smirk-
    Playing CoC and BS happily! Quit My Job in clash Royale.
    Want to chat with me? ¶Discord: SAMIR#7795, ¶Forums:https://forum.supercell.com/member.php/1707508-SamirMishra
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,225Moderator
    I like gem grab tbh, and I feel that the main counter argument will be that on most teams people have designated roles.

Personally I dislike Showdown (shotgunner meta) and Heist (I think they need to revert back to offense/defense)
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,114Member
    I think they could make showdown better just by doing more open maps with less grass. It seems so many maps favor shotgunners.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • SamirMishraSamirMishra Posts: 308Member
    Be it or not, Gem grab is the worst game mode with the most ridiculous objective ever in a game which is supposed to be for every type of player, Old or kid, Pro or Terrible noobs. Idk why brawl star team decided to give it the first slot when it clearly should not be. I'm not sure if new players will be able to learn this game properly with this game mode. Further, Gem grab has a lot of Inconsistency and well unsettled Because lot of issues could affect the match.

1. The extreme Noobishness of players and a God MM matching them with Pro players just to suffer.
    2. If one of the teammates go afk for any damn reason it'll Badly effect the team and their strength to prevail against enemy team
    3. As i said the ridiculous objective, some new players would just unintentionally throw the game by Grannies gems and go in the enemy spawn because you think you can survive and killing them will make you win the match (NO THIS IS NOT THE CASE UNDERSTAND NEW PLAYERS)
    4. Unbalanced matches will make games only more frustrating, One side is pro team the other side is of new players
    5. Game throwing.

SC have to replace Gem grab game mode with something more PvP sort of gamemode which will help players understand the game perfect. Move gem grab to a different game slot and idk what else can be done to improve GG. Kudos SC for not nerfing leon right after earning so much money:crsmirk:
    Hi. SamirMishra here an Active Forumer from SC forums. Feel free to Private Message me when you need Help. Thanks. Yours Faithfully.
    V30GAmy.png
    Thank you very much @DeltaDroid4 for this Beautiful Signature! All credits to him! Want a sig? Visit his shop now! He's a great Growlithe Artist -smirk-
    Playing CoC and BS happily! Quit My Job in clash Royale.
    Want to chat with me? ¶Discord: SAMIR#7795, ¶Forums:https://forum.supercell.com/member.php/1707508-SamirMishra
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,918Moderator
    I personally like playing offensive, even if my HP is low I will go for the kill if necesary. This playstyle is very enjoyable in Showdonw (even if I play a low range brawler), heist, brawl ball, and speciallt bounty, my favourite gamemode.
    However, things are different in gem grab. This gamemode basically encourages a too defensive playstyle. It even punishes you for being offensive, I mean, it's sooo boring to be the gem Carrier and just barely touch the enemy side. And even if I'm a support and I keep killing, nothing of that matters if there's a tank carrying the gems and running away to their side after reaching 10.
    I think maybe reducing the map's size so there's less space between both ally and enemy spawnpoints, rewarding a more offensive playstyle, but that's just my opinión, I'm pretty sure there are loads of defensive players there
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!