Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

(Card Idea) The Phoenix

Note: this card idea is copied from another game called Age of Mythology.

This is yet another air troop that I suggest as an idea. It is the second Air Splasher after Baby Dragon. However there are some differences.

What is special about this card?
Sure you have heard the myth that he cannot die. Well the same would be in Clash Royale, right? Short of! He would be killed in Clash Royale but he can be revived again. This can happen by spawning a building after his death. That building will be a Phoenix Egg. Much like any building, it has a lifetime. Unlike other buildings its lifetime will not decrease when it gets damaged. Only the Hitpoints will decrease. If the Phoenix Egg survives for 10 seconds, no matter how damaged it is, then it will break and another Phoenix will spawn and the cycle starts again.

Stats
Cost: 6 Elixir
Hitpoints: 1500
Damage: 300
Speed: Slow
Attack Speed: 2.3 seconds
Area: 2.25π rad
Range: 3 meters

Phoenix Egg
Hitpoints: 400
Lifetime: 10 seconds

Offensive Capabilities
Offensively, it is similar to a Baby Dragon but better. It has higher damage and works amazing with tanks, especially if it dies and the egg spawns. However it is not wise to sent it alone, otherwise the egg would get demolished and the second Phoenix would not spawn

In terms of spell interactions, the Phoenix will survive Rocket and Arrows together, like a Prince would. So you need Rocket+Fireball to kill it, resulting in a -4 trade or a Bad Elixir Trade.
The Phoenix Egg can be OHKOed with a Fireball.

Defensive Capabilities
Defensively, it has the advantage that the egg will not be attacked so it will not get demolished, thus another Phoenix will spawn. Make sure that you have something else placed there to tank for the egg. Also make sure that there is no building chaser at that time, especially Battle Ram or Ram Rider since they are faster, ignore the troo that tanks the egg and can OHKO the egg with their charge.

That is all about the card. Is it interesting and unique?
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• NukedPenguinNukedPenguin Posts: 194Member
    edited January 30
    It's a good idea to have a phoenix in Clash Royale. Reminds me of the one in Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.

Are your stats for level 9?
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,969Member
    It's a good idea to have a phoenix in Clash Royale. Reminds me of the one in Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.

Are your stats for level 9?

Yes, those stats are for Level 9. They are just too high to be for base level.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
    Ok, thanks Giorgakis.

Another question though, let's say the Phoenix egg receives 300 damage upon spawning, is the 10 second timer reduced to 2.5 seconds because the timer is health based? Or is the revival time invisible/independent from the health of the Egg?
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 480Member
    Like the idea.

I assume that the only plausible arenas that it could fit in are arena 4 and maybe arena 10. What rarity is it?
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
    @Braniacboy Has to be Legendary with a revival ability. Also it should go into Hog Mountain (Arena 10)
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,369Moderator
    A pretty interesting card, but i don't think that it should only revive via Buildings nor replace (destroy) Buildings. Since it seems too oddly specific (directly) for Clash Royale's mechanic wise.

I think it should be able to revive without extra Buildings, but the egg will appear on the bridge of the side it dies, so it's relatively easy to destroy. But if you placed a Building card beforehand, the egg will be transferred there and will definitely be much safer to handle. The egg will target the nearest Building (not Towers) to sit on.

When the Phoenix's egg is set on top of the Building, the Building will deactivate (doesn't do anything) until the egg is hatched. To ensure the building doesn't broke before the egg hatches (which will cause a paradox, no joke), the egg will shield the building from any damage and make the building invisible to expiring until the egg hatches or dies.

With this change, i propose a slight nerf to the HP, about 20% nerf (from 1500 to 1200).

Anyway, overall it's a very interesting concept, Giorgakis :+1:
    EarthThis signature is my city