Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Curious question about your deck?

motrepipmotrepip Posts: 13Member
edited February 1 in General Discussion
I'm not what youd call a hard core royale player. I haven't spent any real life money on the game. But I've also played since the global launch...

Now for me, once I found a decent deck, I stuck with it... cant remember what lower arenas my cards 1st got unlocked, but after getting my deck, I've just stuck with it. Some would say, maybe, "overleveled" them.

My deck:

Freeze (lvl12) rage (maxed)
Big Pekka (maxed) zap (maxed)
Witch (lvl12) minion horde (maxed)
Musketeer (maxed) miner (lv11)

Fortunately, my deck has been on the positive side of the nerf/buff ups and downs.

Now comes the skill part of the equation.... based on trophies... I'm nothing special :). I float up and down between 4300 and 4600.

(And I'm cool with that)

One of the things I wanted to maybe share was the great feeling of... idk..pride... in being an absolute MASTER at that 1 deck. And I dont even care, or never HAD cared, to change it up. 1 thing worked for me, and I've rode out that same deck since I got the Miner. Took almost a year to finally get That 1st Miner.

(Also, why spend the gold on cards I'll never use? It didnt mams sense for me.

And I'm ok with that, too)

So I ask:

Are you, like me, just a "1-deck-kind-of-person"?

How about a poll?
Percent of time playing your favorite deck
  1. On average, the percentage I play the same deck, without any changes to any cards is...10 votes
    1. 100-98% of the time
      20.00%
    2. 97-50% of the time
      20.00%
    3. I like to change things up all the time.
      60.00%
    4. Dogs are better then cats (sorry, not sorry)
        0.00%

Comments

• motrepipmotrepip Posts: 13Member
    Spell check failed me some. Sorry :)
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 646Member
    I play classic log bait, the same deck forever on ladder. Not that I like the deck or anything, there is simply no choice when switching deck is so expensive.

Ladder is just a place for getting resources, not much enjoyment. I enjoy the game in challenges/tournaments/clan wars, and I play all kinds of decks there.

Pride in being the master in 1 deck does not apply on me, because I have accepted that I am not that good. I enjoy making new decks for 12 wins in challenges and enjoy my clan war decks being used with success by other clanmates.
    ferrell34
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,369Moderator
    micsfyuen wrote: »
    Ladder is just a place for getting resources, not much enjoyment. I enjoy the game in challenges/tournaments/clan wars, and I play all kinds of decks there.

Pride in being the master in 1 deck does not apply on me, because I have accepted that I am not that good. I enjoy making new decks for 12 wins in challenges and enjoy my clan war decks being used with success by other clanmates.

I heavily related to this, except the Master 1 part since i'm 200 trophies away from it.

Been rocking Sparky Giant beatdown in ladder since last year. Made it to the point where i am now with 11-12 card levels (no lvl 13 commons). Considering that I'm not a daily active player, it's safe to say that i know what i'm doing.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,969Member
    I do not stay with one deck. Instead I switch decks a lot. There are quite a lot of decks that I have used. And most of them are not even classic decks... they are just decks that I created. Some examples are:

The Starter deck
    Skarmy Bait
    Balloon cycle 2.8
    Golem Double Witch
    Royal Giant Sparky Beatdown
    Eliteyard Control
    Elite Musketeers cycle
    PEKKA Miner cycle
    Quintruple Log Bait

Some of those decks do not work anymore (like that Royal Giant one I mentioned). Because of this, I despise quite a lot of balance changes.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 497Member
    I general have stayed with one deck, but I have made adjustments about every 300 trophies that I have climbed.... I started as a golem beatdown with witch and wizard.... Swapped the golem out for E.Barbs around 3k to handle hog rider.... swamped wizard out for fire spirits around 4k to make me lighter on elixer and add E.barb push protection.... fireball replaced the fire spirits at 4.6k to deal with 3M...

There are other adjustments, but it is only 1 card at a time as I climb to deal with meta.

I upgrade my other cards to 10-11 for clan wars.
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 471Member
    I like to play with different decks, but I try to play only one deck per season at ladder, because changing too often takes me off from my A game for a bit
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,229Moderator
    I tend to use various decks and cards to keep myself good with a lot of cards rather than being exclusively great with one deck
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507