I 've been playing CR for 9 months only. After quite a few 2v2's I 've come to the following conclusion:
When initiating a 2v2, the system is first searching for a teammate of equivalent trophy AND card levels. Then the system is searching for 2 other players. If opponents are not from same clan then they have equivalent trophy count (as the first team), AND they have equivalent card levels between them.
In challenger 1-2 arenas are players with card levels 10-11 (as myself) and there are players with 12-13 card levels.
My problem is that 95% of the time I start a 2v2, my teammate has also cards level 11 and our opponents have level 12-13 cards. The other 5% the opponents have similar card levels.
This is a great mismatch on card levels. I cannot understand why the system is pairing me only with players of similar card levels. I think Supercell should correct it.
Thanks in advance for your replies.