Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

2v2 mismatch

Dear clashers,

I 've been playing CR for 9 months only. After quite a few 2v2's I 've come to the following conclusion:
When initiating a 2v2, the system is first searching for a teammate of equivalent trophy AND card levels. Then the system is searching for 2 other players. If opponents are not from same clan then they have equivalent trophy count (as the first team), AND they have equivalent card levels between them.
In challenger 1-2 arenas are players with card levels 10-11 (as myself) and there are players with 12-13 card levels.
My problem is that 95% of the time I start a 2v2, my teammate has also cards level 11 and our opponents have level 12-13 cards. The other 5% the opponents have similar card levels.

This is a great mismatch on card levels. I cannot understand why the system is pairing me only with players of similar card levels. I think Supercell should correct it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Plumberdoc
Tagged:

Comments

  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,964Member
    edited February 4
    2v2 matchmaking is really questionable. I have tried multiple times to take advandage of it by having as low trophies as possible and I was always paired with players that were 2 or more levels below me.

    But that requires an insane setup which I doubt you would even attempt to do.

    Also wrong subforum. Wait for a moderator to move it to the correct one.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

    Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

    Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,225Moderator
    Moved to General Discussion.

    Supercell has been talking about 2v2 for this year, and could decide to do some improvements next update, but (at least as of last week) they hadn't decided on anything official
    pv7u5U6.jpg

    CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

    BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

    Please read the Forum Rules

    Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 488Member
    Through my many experiments, the only thing that I can tell you with certainty is that trophy count is not used.....

    best guess is a hidden ladder...
  • PlumberdocPlumberdoc Posts: 4Member
    @Shags
    I have never played a 2v2 where all 4 (being from different clans) did not have the same trophy count (plus or minus 5-10 trophies). So what makes you think that trophies are not used ?
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 488Member
    one experiment: I took an arena 3 account all the way up to level 11.... never went higher than arena 3..... It started out playing people from arena 3, but quickly progressed to face level 10-12 people.

    I spent days loosing every 2v2 game and was never able to get back down to arena 3 level players.

    I did other tests, but this had pretty solid findings.

  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 572Member
    For what I have seen, 2*2 works like that:

    They get 4 players, and match together the closest ones

    So, if you're a11 and the system gets a 10 and two twelves, instead of balancing 10-12 vs 11-12 they will pair 10-11 12-12

    Check your 2*2 history and you'll see that your partner is much closer to you than the oponents. Perhaps they did that to avoid a low level tagging along a high one, but it created the situation that teams are never balanced to one another
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 488Member
    Piklashu wrote: »
    For what I have seen, 2*2 works like that:

    They get 4 players, and match together the closest ones

    So, if you're a11 and the system gets a 10 and two twelves, instead of balancing 10-12 vs 11-12 they will pair 10-11 12-12

    Check your 2*2 history and you'll see that your partner is much closer to you than the oponents. Perhaps they did that to avoid a low level tagging along a high one, but it created the situation that teams are never balanced to one another

    Not true.... part of my testing included teaming up a level 3 with a level 11 to see what matches would look like.... the opponents would be in the 6-8 range usually.... It looks like an average is taken into consideration during match making.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,225Moderator
    Shaggs wrote: »
    Piklashu wrote: »
    For what I have seen, 2*2 works like that:

    They get 4 players, and match together the closest ones

    So, if you're a11 and the system gets a 10 and two twelves, instead of balancing 10-12 vs 11-12 they will pair 10-11 12-12

    Check your 2*2 history and you'll see that your partner is much closer to you than the oponents. Perhaps they did that to avoid a low level tagging along a high one, but it created the situation that teams are never balanced to one another

    Not true.... part of my testing included teaming up a level 3 with a level 11 to see what matches would look like.... the opponents would be in the 6-8 range usually.... It looks like an average is taken into consideration during match making.

    But that's not a quick match however. I would assume matchmaking for quick match and playing with Clanmates/friends is slightly different.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

    CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

    BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

    Please read the Forum Rules

    Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 488Member
    I'm still going with the "Hidden Ladder" theory....

    When you Que, it could try to find people of equal trophy count. You have no way of knowing what the other 3 players trophy count is (Hidden).

    When you Que with a friend... Your trophies + teammates = Opponent 1 + Opponent 2

    Hidden ladder makes since to me if you think of it from a programming side. All you have to do is copy 1v1 ladder and hide the trophy count to players... no major change needed.

    It doesn't look like you can drop down fast tho... this is the part that is keeping me from signing on completely to the Hidden Ladder.... I have tried losing sooooo many games, but it doesn't seem to have any real effect on who I match up with/against.

    I have tried a lot of experiments to rule things out.... I haven't been able to rule out player levels.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,964Member
    Shaggs wrote: »
    I'm still going with the "Hidden Ladder" theory....

    When you Que, it could try to find people of equal trophy count. You have no way of knowing what the other 3 players trophy count is (Hidden).

    When you Que with a friend... Your trophies + teammates = Opponent 1 + Opponent 2

    Hidden ladder makes since to me if you think of it from a programming side. All you have to do is copy 1v1 ladder and hide the trophy count to players... no major change needed.

    It doesn't look like you can drop down fast tho... this is the part that is keeping me from signing on completely to the Hidden Ladder.... I have tried losing sooooo many games, but it doesn't seem to have any real effect on who I match up with/against.

    I have tried a lot of experiments to rule things out.... I haven't been able to rule out player levels.

    How can your situation explain mine. Pairing me, somebody with 0 trophies (not anymore) with a teammate at around 2000 trophies and opponents also at those trophies? Does that take something else into account as well.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

    Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

    Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 488Member
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    Shaggs wrote: »
    I'm still going with the "Hidden Ladder" theory....

    When you Que, it could try to find people of equal trophy count. You have no way of knowing what the other 3 players trophy count is (Hidden).

    When you Que with a friend... Your trophies + teammates = Opponent 1 + Opponent 2

    Hidden ladder makes since to me if you think of it from a programming side. All you have to do is copy 1v1 ladder and hide the trophy count to players... no major change needed.

    It doesn't look like you can drop down fast tho... this is the part that is keeping me from signing on completely to the Hidden Ladder.... I have tried losing sooooo many games, but it doesn't seem to have any real effect on who I match up with/against.

    I have tried a lot of experiments to rule things out.... I haven't been able to rule out player levels.

    How can your situation explain mine. Pairing me, somebody with 0 trophies (not anymore) with a teammate at around 2000 trophies and opponents also at those trophies? Does that take something else into account as well.

    The theory is that there is a separate trophy count for 2v2 that you can't see. You may have zero trophies in 1v1, but maybe 2000 in 2v2.... Levels could be considered... I haven't ruled that out yet with my tests.
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 572Member
    edited February 10
    Shaggs wrote: »
    Piklashu wrote: »
    For what I have seen, 2*2 works like that:

    They get 4 players, and match together the closest ones

    So, if you're a11 and the system gets a 10 and two twelves, instead of balancing 10-12 vs 11-12 they will pair 10-11 12-12

    Check your 2*2 history and you'll see that your partner is much closer to you than the oponents. Perhaps they did that to avoid a low level tagging along a high one, but it created the situation that teams are never balanced to one another

    Not true.... part of my testing included teaming up a level 3 with a level 11 to see what matches would look like.... the opponents would be in the 6-8 range usually.... It looks like an average is taken into consideration during match making.

    So I mention a quick match situation, and you say it's a lie because you made your team before matchmaking found opponents.

    Explain to me, is if to a five years old, how your friend 2*2 match proves my theory a lie. Please, I really like to see you try to tell me how matchmaking will change your already arranged partner for a random one, so you can call me a liar.
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 488Member
    Piklashu wrote: »
    Shaggs wrote: »
    Piklashu wrote: »
    For what I have seen, 2*2 works like that:

    They get 4 players, and match together the closest ones

    So, if you're a11 and the system gets a 10 and two twelves, instead of balancing 10-12 vs 11-12 they will pair 10-11 12-12

    Check your 2*2 history and you'll see that your partner is much closer to you than the oponents. Perhaps they did that to avoid a low level tagging along a high one, but it created the situation that teams are never balanced to one another

    Not true.... part of my testing included teaming up a level 3 with a level 11 to see what matches would look like.... the opponents would be in the 6-8 range usually.... It looks like an average is taken into consideration during match making.

    So I mention a quick match situation, and you say it's a lie because you made your team before matchmaking found opponents.

    Explain to me, is if to a five years old, how your friend 2*2 match proves my theory a lie. Please, I really like to see you try to tell me how matchmaking will change your already arranged partner for a random one, so you can call me a liar.

    No clue what you are saying here....
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 572Member
    Shaggs wrote: »
    Piklashu wrote: »
    Shaggs wrote: »
    Piklashu wrote: »
    For what I have seen, 2*2 works like that:

    They get 4 players, and match together the closest ones

    So, if you're a11 and the system gets a 10 and two twelves, instead of balancing 10-12 vs 11-12 they will pair 10-11 12-12

    Check your 2*2 history and you'll see that your partner is much closer to you than the oponents. Perhaps they did that to avoid a low level tagging along a high one, but it created the situation that teams are never balanced to one another

    Not true.... part of my testing included teaming up a level 3 with a level 11 to see what matches would look like.... the opponents would be in the 6-8 range usually.... It looks like an average is taken into consideration during match making.

    So I mention a quick match situation, and you say it's a lie because you made your team before matchmaking found opponents.

    Explain to me, is if to a five years old, how your friend 2*2 match proves my theory a lie. Please, I really like to see you try to tell me how matchmaking will change your already arranged partner for a random one, so you can call me a liar.

    No clue what you are saying here....

    Sad.

    I tell"when you queue for 2*2, system finds another 3 players and...."

    You reply saying it is a lie because when you arrange a match with a level xxx partner bla bla bla" Actually implying a total different situation.

    But yet you proceed to say I am wrong.

    "If you go to a Farmers market, the chances to find apples are high"

    Lie! I went to a peaches only market and found no apples there!

    Riiiight
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 488Member
    Someone is triggered..... :'(
Sign In or Register to comment.
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell's Fan Content Policy:www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.