Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[Card Idea] The secret of The Jungle... "Jungle Appraiser" !

ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,420Moderator
edited February 5 in Ideas & Feature Requests
sup mates' ferrell34 here!
As you might have read the title: Today, like every other day, i'd like to introduce you to a new card concept that i've come up with for the game. Since i got nothing to say more, let's dive straight in!

JUNGLE APPRAISER
DmxYat0.png
image made by MS Paint (me)
From his pockets, he blooms spiky vines on any surface and grows himself recyclable shields. A professional and Lumberjack hater.

Statistics

Main Menu Stats
Cost: 5 Elixir | Type: Troop | Rarity: LEGENDARY

Card Stats (Tournament Standart)
Hitpoints: 640 | Shield Hitpoints: 170 | Area Damage: 120x3 | DPS: 67x3 | Hit Speed: 1.8 sec | Targets: Ground & Air | Range: 3 tiles | Speed: Medium | Projectile Range: 5 tiles | Repair Time: 8.5 sec | Deploy Time: 1 sec

Hidden Stats
Weight: Medium | Knockable: Yes | Sight range: 5.5 tiles | AoE: 1.1 tiles (radius) | Load Time: 1 sec | First Attack Speed: 1 sec | Projectile count: 3x | Transport: Ground

Speciality

From the statistics, you might get that Jungle Appraiser wears a shield like Dark Prince and shoots multiple projectiles per hit like Hunter. If you think it that way, then you are correct. Jungle Appraiser does have an extra layer of health and emits three projectiles from each of his attacks.

But what's special about him?
First, you might notice something odd or special in the list (statistics). One or two of them are Area Damage and AoE. These two statistics are always used in splasher units, which isn't supposed to be used to units like Hunter. Without further ado, here's the answer to the question: Jungle Appraiser's projectiles explodes upon contact like Wizard's fireballs. Every one of them (the projectiles); Making him like a Wizard that shoots three fireballs at once.

Last but not least, Repair Time. Jungle Appraiser has one last trick beneath his sleeves. And that is repairing his shield, once it's knocked off. As written in the description, Jungle Appraiser can grow shields to himself. But since it would definitely be way overpowered if he just grows one instantly, he has a 8.5 sec delay before he makes one. He grows a new one if the old one was knocked off, and the growing process does not start if he still has his shield on. Meaning, Repairing cannot be stacked.

Conclusion:
- Shoots (also spreads) three projectiles at once per attack
- Each projectile explodes upon contact
- Wears a shield
- Gets a new shield after being shieldless

Usage

1. Offense
- Tank Support
Medium health, ranged, splashes, moderate cost.. ? Sounds like a splasher to me. But unlike other splashers, he has a shield and can grow a new one "afterwards". Meaning that you shouldn't be afraid to build pushes with him first (place behind the KT). Then, he deals much more damage on closer range. Which might prevent troops like Knight or Mega Minion from taking him out on offense (Hunter can do that too, but he isn't a splasher or reliable at taking out swarms as much as Jungle Appraiser).

2. Defense
- Tank Killer
He does have the DPS of Skeletons on close range, so he can be used to takeout meaty units on defense. Though, Hunter does a better job for less elixir but at least you won't require an extra spell or support when they support their tanks with Bats or Goblins. Same thing applies to support units and solo win conditions such as Balloon (Hunter still does a better job alone).

- Siege Mauler
Despite having shorter reach than Hunter, Jungle Appraiser does an excellent job on stopping Siege cards, such as Mortar or XBow, with the right support cards. It's not just his explosive seeds helps the job, but his shield as well. As most siege users carries medium and flexible spells or swarms to take out or distract units that are intended to destroy their win con.

Bonus points if he is able to make out of there alive, his shield growing ability is very valuable.

Countering

On Offense
You'll most likely see Jungle Appraiser behind tanks, so you have to do the deed on their backs. If i were you, i would:
1. Surround Jungle Appraiser with swarms or a quick hit and spank. It is undeniable that he is still a regular troop, which targets and focus on the first thing it sees. And with his slow hitspeed, it just proves that surrounding him with Barbarians or Guards and dropping a Knight in front of him and Skeletons on his back are efficient.
2. Kiting. His sight range is longer than his range and he isn't that fast either, you know what that means. Use an Ice Golem to kite him into the other lane, like how usually do it to a Knight or Baby Dragon.

On Defense
As written above, it can be concluded that Jungle Appraiser is a beast when he is in close range of things. But what if he isn't? Despite having a shield, using Tornado or Snowball is valuable againts Jungle Appraiser on defense.

If you want to take care of him on defense, it is highly recommended to use Poison. Or Log then blow him out of existence. But make sure you were able to gather value by doing that, either from elixir or damage on their towers.

Only use Freeze if you're positive enough that you can win the game by doing that (or be able to defend the upcoming counterpush) or be able to kill Jungle Appraiser on your push.
What do you think? Please leave a feedback to show your support!
Thanks for reading mates, have a nice day! :+1:
EarthThis signature is my city

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,420Moderator
    Reserved for QnA and Change Logs.
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 591Member
    Well, this is a geat idea, and I can't think of anything to improve it. just a question - does shielding happen for a duration e.g. 17 hitpoints/sec or is it just 170 straight away?
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
    Well, this is a geat idea, and I can't think of anything to improve it. just a question - does shielding happen for a duration e.g. 17 hitpoints/sec or is it just 170 straight away?

Thanks @brainiacboy.
    The shielding process creates full shield at the end of it's duration, instead of gradually creating it. So it's just straight away 170 shield hp at the end of it's duration, instead of giving 17 shield hp/sec (or 20 hp/sec to be precise).
  • NukedPenguinNukedPenguin Posts: 211Member
    Of the regenerating shield troop ideas, this seems more balanced and useful. Nice work Ferrell34. His damage and health is comparable to the wizard but sounds like a better swarm handler similar to executioner. Balanced for 5 Elixir, but I'm not 100% sure. Would love to see a caster that is 6 Elixir, we don't have one yet.
    Of the regenerating shield troop ideas, this seems more balanced and useful. Nice work Ferrell34. His damage and health is comparable to the wizard but sounds like a better swarm handler similar to executioner. Balanced for 5 Elixir, but I'm not 100% sure. Would love to see a caster that is 6 Elixir, we don't have one yet.

Thanks.

Actually, we already have a 6 elixir splasher in the game, which is Sparky.