Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[Card Idea] Earth Wizard

IDProGIDProG Posts: 43Member
edited February 10 in Ideas & Feature Requests
I'm planning to post my 3 card ideas that are Wizard-related, and this is the first card.

Earth Wizard

Rarity: Legendary
Elixir Cost: 5

Juggernaut:
Shield Hitpoints: 1500
Damage: 300
Damage Per Second: 150
Hit Speed: 2sec
Targets: Ground
Range: Melee
Speed: Slow
Weight: Heavy
Restructure Rate: 8sec

Earth Wizard:
Hitpoints: 600
Area Damage: 95
Damage Per Second: 64
Hit Speed: 1.5sec
Targets: Ground
Range: 5.5
Radius: 1.5 tiles
Speed: Medium

Card Description:
The Earth Wizard deals area damage and covers himself in the restructurable Juggernaut. He named it himself and treats it as his own pet. Beware of where you stand on!

General Description:
The Earth Wizard is a 5-Cost Legendary card. The Wizard himself creates stalagmites to deal area damage to ground troops. At spawn, he is naked. Then, immediately after 1sec spawn, he covers himself in Juggernaut, an earth giant. Inside Juggernaut, they attack together. The wizard prioritizes different target (he doesn't attack the same target as Juggernaut), but they may attack the same target together if there is only 1 target. An example, if there is an enemy at 5-tile range, Juggernaut will still be moving, but the Earth Wizard inside it will start attacking the enemy.
Juggernaut will restructure (restore to full Shield Hitpoints) 10 seconds after it first got damaged (if Juggernaut is destroyed, Earth Wizard will recreate it). Earth Wizard needs 1 second to cover himself, so he is vulnerable at that time period (the process can be delayed by stun, snare, and Freeze, but he cannot be knocked back while doing it).

Notes:
This is the hardest card I have ever tried to balance.

What do you think of this card? Is it OP? Is it UP? Do you have any questions?

UPDATE #1:
- Juggernaut's Shield Hitpoints reduced by 25%
- Juggernaut's Restructure Rate increased to 8sec (from 10sec)
- Earth Wizard's damage reduced by 5%
*This update will make Earth Wizard less tanky in defense, reducing the annoyance rate of the card. It will also slightly reduce the versatility of the Earth Wizard, especially while inside the Juggernaut.

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,369Moderator
    edited February 8
    Suprisingly, this card turns out to be one of the most well designed card concepts. Good job :+1:

As for balancing, i think it's abit OP. Not by stats, but mostly by reliance factor (aka annoying factor, Barb Barrel is well known for being too good at that). And also the unconsistency within. It needs a huge cutdown to the Hitpoints with a compensate to the reconstructing ability.
    I'm thinking a 35% HP nerf, with 2.5 sec less to reconstruct (from 10 sec to 7.5 sec). This should make it more consistent with strategy and prevent it from being too reliable for the cost.

There's alot of shield based card concepts lately :crsmirk:
    including my 'wink' 'wink' Jungle Appraiser 'wink' 'wink'
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 43Member
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    Suprisingly, this card turns out to be one of the most well designed card concepts. Good job :+1:

As for balancing, i think it's abit OP. Not by stats, but mostly by reliance factor (aka annoying factor, Barb Barrel is well known for being too good at that). And also the unconsistency within. It needs a huge cutdown to the Hitpoints with a compensate to the reconstructing ability.
    I'm thinking a 35% HP nerf, with 2.5 sec less to reconstruct (from 10 sec to 7.5 sec). This should make it more consistent with strategy and prevent it from being too reliable for the cost.

There's alot of shield based card concepts lately :crsmirk:
    including my 'wink' 'wink' Jungle Appraiser 'wink' 'wink'

Thank you for the comment.

I partially agree with you. The Earth Wizard would be extremely annoying if the enemy used it defensively.
    However, that nerf is big, and I have thought of a more practical nerf.
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 480Member
    this is OP, but it is a well thought out design. my suggestion is that the cost needs to be 6 elixir.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 43Member
    this is OP, but it is a well thought out design. my suggestion is that the cost needs to be 6 elixir.

Thank you for the comment.

If I increase the cost to 6 Elixir, what stats should I increase to balance the card?
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 480Member
    none, it is balanced at 6 elixir, maybe wizard hp buff by 4%?
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter