Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Least diverse ever

killerkiller Posts: 1,116Member
These last balance changes have as far as I’m concerned made the game worse. Now the game literally goes hog 2.6.... pekka ram.... hog 2.6.... pekka hog.... hog 2.6... pekka ram.

I have never seen a less diverse tournies then what I’ve been playing the last few days.

I actually took most of two weeks off and came back to a worse game then before I left.
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,369Moderator
    So far 6 matches into the new season tourney, there's only one PEKKA Hog deck for me. But last season's 4.5k (ladder) was a PEKKA fest i had to admit.

I think the 3M nerf really pushed out some vulnarable decks to be viable such as Lava Miner. Just faced two of those decks recently in the tourney.

However, still i think that the reason PEKKA decks are constantly used due to how comfortable and f2p friendly it is. I'm starting to think that she shouldn't receive nerfs that affects her major interactions.

Maybe, just.. can't one shot Musketeer 1 level higher anymore? ..and fix the range bug. If she turns out like the beta Baby D, then make her initial attack speed faster.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,229Moderator
    My last matches (global tournament and 4.4k ladder)

Golem NW
    Hog Furnace
    EBarbs Rage
    Mega Knight Witch
    Hog Miner
    EBarbs Rage
    Bowler Loon Freeze
    Giant EBarbs Rage
    EBarbs Hog
    EBarbs Hog Rage
    Hog Prince Freeze

Ladder at its finest. Probably a bit later we'll see more of the meta decks.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 575Member
    It all depends on your deck. Not that you get paired with specific counter, but, as I have seen, whenever you lose, you get a similar match.

From your list, master Cal, tell me, which ones were win and which were losses? So we can see the subsequent match and check for similarities.
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 471Member
    killer wrote: »
    These last balance changes have as far as I’m concerned made the game worse. Now the game literally goes hog 2.6.... pekka ram.... hog 2.6.... pekka hog.... hog 2.6... pekka ram.

I have never seen a less diverse tournies then what I’ve been playing the last few days.

I actually took most of two weeks off and came back to a worse game then before I left.

Yeah, 3M nerf did exactly what I thought it would do. Made the meta even more boring than before.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,229Moderator
    Piklashu wrote: »
    It all depends on your deck. Not that you get paired with specific counter, but, as I have seen, whenever you lose, you get a similar match.

From your list, master Cal, tell me, which ones were win and which were losses? So we can see the subsequent match and check for similarities.

Some of 'em are probably buried but I'll try my best later
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,920Moderator
    Tbh I cannot give an oppinion about this because right now I’m playing ladder only in my miniaccount (4200-4600) range, so obviously that meta is comepletely different from TS gamemodes. Anyway, I’m kinda surprised that PEKKA bridge spam is still a top deck since... october? Maybe november? I think the battleram nerf wasn’t impactful because most of the time ram doesn’t connect but barbarians do.

Do you think battleram needs a nerf? Or maybe bandit? Or PEKKA? A combination? Or we just leave it as it is and buff counters?
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,116Member
    Tbh I cannot give an oppinion about this because right now I’m playing ladder only in my miniaccount (4200-4600) range, so obviously that meta is comepletely different from TS gamemodes. Anyway, I’m kinda surprised that PEKKA bridge spam is still a top deck since... october? Maybe november? I think the battleram nerf wasn’t impactful because most of the time ram doesn’t connect but barbarians do.

Do you think battleram needs a nerf? Or maybe bandit? Or PEKKA? A combination? Or we just leave it as it is and buff counters?

The issue was never the ram. It was the other cards ram was paired with.... 3M and Pekka. Pekka has been op and overused for awhile.
    Its used in almost 1 in 4 grand challenge decks
    In arena 13 on ladder its the 2nd most popular win con after hog

vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,116Member
    Puzo wrote: »
    killer wrote: »

Yeah, 3M nerf did exactly what I thought it would do. Made the meta even more boring than before.

To be fair... the issue imo is largely the community.., people still all follow a few. People could be trying new decks like using the ram rider, gob giant, etc. its the communities inability to try new things that make the game boring. After the change a lot of people switched to hog 2.6. This was very certainly not an independent decision by thousands.., its a few youtubers saying the muskateer nerf helps this deck and thousands immediately following said advice.

Some new decks might arise but only after the few innovators on youtube tell everyone what to play now. In the meantime 2 most popular ladder decks are hog and pekka/ram. Pekka/ram has been there for months since SC refuses to address it.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks: