Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[Card Idea] Dark Wizard

IDProGIDProG Posts: 32Member
edited February 12 in Ideas & Feature Requests
I'm planning to post my 3 card ideas that are Wizard-related, and this is the second card.

Dark Wizard

Rarity: Rare
Elixir Cost: 4
Level: 9

Hitpoints: 598
Damage: 70
Damage Per Second: 47
Hit Speed: 1.5sec
Targets: Air & Ground
Range: 5.5
Radius: 2
Speed: Medium

Dark Aura:
Damage Per Second: 70
Radius: 2
Duration: 2sec

Card Description:
Exposed to dark power, the Dark Wizard's magic becomes sinister and temporarily engulfs the area in darkness. Fortunately, he is still awesome.

General Explanation:
The Dark Wizard shoots fireballs like Wizard. But, unlike his counterpart, the Dark Wizard's fireballs are dark and, after hitting the enemy, stay in the area to deal continuous damage, like Poison. Unlike Ice Wizard's slow effect, Dark Wizard's Dark Aura damage stacks, just like how Poison damage stacks. However, unlike Poison, the Dark Aura deals damage every 0.5sec.

What do you think about this card? Is it OP? Is it UP?

Comments

• brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 473Member
    edited February 11
    when you said that the wizard engulfs the area in darkness, did you mean that literally, like the whole 2 tile radius being blacked out for the opponent, or is it just a description?

the card itself is pretty balanced, but maybe a damage buff of 2% and a poison damage nerf of 2%?
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 32Member
    when you said that the wizard engulfs the area in darkness, did you mean that literally, like the whole 2 tile radius being blacked out for the opponent, or is it just a description?

the card itself is pretty balanced, but maybe a damage buff of 2% and a poison damage nerf of 2%?

Thank you for the comment.

Oops, sorry if the text confused you, but I can't seem to think of a better word.
    No, not literally in darkness or non-visible area. Just a description.

I made the fireball and the Dark Aura damage "the same" so that "the Dark Aura is from the very same fireball, so it just makes sense that they deal about the same damage (about 70)".
    brainiacboy
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 473Member
    IDProG wrote: »
    I made the fireball and the Dark Aura damage "the same" so that "the Dark Aura is from the very same fireball, so it just makes sense that they deal about the same damage (about 70)".

I know that it makes sense, but it would seem reasonable. there is also logic behind it as the residue should not be as powerful.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter