Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Anybody else had a problem with this deck?

IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
edited February 19 in Strategy & Deck Building
I call it "PEKKA Battle Ram Bridge Spam Control Deck"

PEKKA
Battle Ram
Bandit
Zap/Barbarian Barrel
Ice Golem/Royal Ghost/Lumberjack
Poison
Electro Wizard
Mega Minion/Minions

These are the deck variants that I meet every time, and I 90% lost the battle. The 10% was because the enemy made a LOT of mistakes, not because the deck has enough weaknesses.

Sure, some people would say things like "git gud" or "every deck has weaknesses", and that might be true. But no, this time, I'm confident to say that something's wrong with this deck.

FIRST, the Deck Shop stats. I know Deck Shop stats are not everything, but still, they matter, and in my opinion, the deck advice is actually pretty useful. If you build the above deck (the core one, the ones that I mention first in every row) in Deck Shop, you'll find that here are the stats:

Defense: Great
Attack: Great
Versatility: GODLY
Synergy: GODLY
No warning, no problem. Only info about no buildings.

That is actually pretty INSANE for a deck. I never see any other deck that can reach that level of rating.

SECOND, how to counter the deck.
I tested the deck in the Lunar New Year tournament event (the one that allowed you to create a deck with every card in the game), and it rocked. Easy win with no losses.
So, I thought about trying to find the deck's weaknesses using meta decks.

- Golem - Night Witch: PEKKA and Poison kill the entire push, OR, push the other lane with Battle Ram and Bandit. If you try to use Lumberjack at the other lane when pushing, defensive Bandit can stop him.

- Swarm - Miner: Poison or Zap+Electro Wizard for the swarms, Mega Minion or PEKKA for the Miner. Now you have to deal with the counterpush.

- PEKKA - Double Prince: PEKKA and Mega Minion+Electro Wizard stop the push. Electro Wizard and Ice Golem torture the lone Prince or Dark Prince.

- PEKKA - 3M: PEKKA and Poison stop the push with the PEKKA. You can also use Ice Golem+Bandit to stop any lone Musketeers (single or dual ones). Rush the lane with Battle Ram and Bandit after an Elixir Collector is deployed.

- Lava-loon: Electro Wizard and Mega Minion do all the work here. Rush the other lane with Battle Ram and Bandit or PEKKA+Poison after the deployment of Lava Hound. Poison for any Minion Horde, Zap for the swarms or Inferno Dragon. They usually are weak defensively, so use a PEKKA push as a distraction, then attack with Battle Ram and Bandit at the other lane. I'm basically repeating myself here, so let's move on.

- Graveyard - Freeze: PEKKA for ground tanks, Electro Wizard and/or Mega Minion for air tanks. Poison takes care of most of the Graveyard with minimal damage. You just wasted 9 Elixir for small damage and now you have to take care of the counterpush.

- Balloon - Freeze (or Balloon - Rage): Use the Mega Minion to bait the Freeze, then the Electro Wizard to finish the Balloon. Use both together to finish Balloon+Rage. Nice try, now deal with the counterpush.

- Hog Cycle (or Hog + Freeze): PEKKA for the Hog Rider, or to bait the Freeze, then Electro Wizard to kill the Hog with minimal damage to the tower. 8 Elixir well spent, now deal with the counterpush. PEKKA is tanky enough to tank the damage from the weak Skeletons and the Musketeer before Poison kills them. Use Bandit at the other lane if the enemy tries to kite the PEKKA with Ice Golem or Battle Ram at the other lane if they try to distract her with Cannon.

Royal Giant: You seriously ask for that?

Giant Skeleton: You seriously ask for that, AGAIN?

Bait decks: Rather than baiting spells, you should focus on defending against big PEKKA or Battle Ram pushes.

Elite Barbarians: Kite with Ice Golem, kill with anything else. OR, let PEKKA tank the damage and do the counterpush.

Chip Damage: Ignore the small chip and focus on a big push to overwhelm their defenses.

Dual-Lane: Use Ice Golem and Poison to unite and kill the Recruits. Ignone the split Royal Hogs (just deal with the lane that you want to push).

Name other meta decks, and I'll post how to counter them with this deck.

Can anybody tell me what's specifically wrong with this deck?

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,400Moderator
    edited February 19
    Moved to a more suitable subforum.

PEKKA Bridge Spam is known as a strong and super flexible deck due to all of it's cards being both menacing and realiable on their own without being a problem as a deck.

The only weakness to this deck is simple, yet effective but pretty difficult to execute and that is by playing the match for not losing it.

As you can see, PEKKA Bridge Spam hits hard as a counterpush or punishes you alot for overcommitting.

"What happens if you didn't do the first move?"
    Here is what's gonna happen: there will be no counterpush and no overcommitting to be advantaged by them to win the game.

"But wouldn't that prove that their deck is unstoppable? Since you literally have to aim for a draw."
    Actually, since their counter is enemies that prepares to draw the match proves that their deck can be stopped. Just like you said above, you win againts 10% of enemies that uses this deck because they screwed up. But in reality, the reason you lose to 90% of them it's because you screwed up.

"How do they screw up?"
    By doing the first move.

PEKKA Bridge Spam is a super annoying deck and it does need some small fixing. But it isn't unstoppable or require that many special cards to counter it.

Golem NW can win the match if the enemy overcommits; Royal Giant can win the match if the enemy was shuffled left to right without giving any chance to land any devastating damage; Lavaloon can win the match if the enemy was suprised at the right time (Spells in Lavaloon can be suprising, since Poison, Fireball, Lightning, etc. fits); etc.

It's not like the Beta Night Witch decks, where there are literally no good counters except for the NW deck itself.
    MasterCal
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
    What, so we are not allowed to do the first move? We cannot actually win? Just a draw? That's just not right for a competitive game.

Oh, and you're wrong on one thing: If the enemy doesn't make the first move, the user will make the first move using either Bandit or Battle Ram to observe the enemy's response, and, eventually, the entire deck.

No, the enemy is of course a professional-level player. Overcommitting is something a copy-paster would do. So no, Golem Night Witch cannot win, even if the deck is tweaked to include Inferno Dragon. A tweaked Golem NW deck that includes Balloon has a chance to win after clearing the Mega Minion (Electro Wizard can still be distracted and is able to be killed easier by a slipping Lumberjack.

I don't think Royal Giant can win, simply because the user will always ready a PEKKA to combat the RG, which is pretty much a 7-or-less Elixir advantage, because the enemy has to deal with the surviving PEKKA.

Lavaloon might be able to win, but the chance is low, so low in my opinion. For example, the opponent places Lavaloon at the back, then the user just go rampage with Ice Golem, Bandit and Battle Ram on the other side, with Zap in hand to take care of Skarmy. Since usually their only answers are Rascals, Guards, Tombstone, Goblin Gang, and Skarmy (probably Cannon as well), with some air answers such as Minions, Mega Minion, and Inferno Dragon (if they answer with these three, they sacrifice their offense for defense). Rascals cannot stop Ice Golem-covered Battle Ram, since the enemy cannot deploy them immediately. Guards may stop the Ice Golem-covered Ram, but just barely, and not if you mis-timed it even for a split second. Tombstone will trigger Bandit's dash chain, like Mega Knight's continuous jump, then a Zap clears them. Skarmy and Goblin Gang are prone to Zap. So, it's 99% chance to hit tower, and lose the tower if the enemy doesn't spend more than 3 Elixir or sacrifice their push. Then, either Electro Wizard or Mega Minion can minimize the damage of the weakened Lavaloon push.
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 687Member
    I think pekka bridge spam is generally weak against chip decks, because it does not completely stop any push. But the deck is able punish really hard, opponent cannot afford to make any mistake, so it will even beat a counter deck when it is so easy to make mistakes in this game.

For average players who make mistakes here and there, the only reliable counter to pekka bridge spam is pekka bridge spam itself. I think the version with Log and EWiz will beat the other versions without them.
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,400Moderator
    edited February 20
    IDProG wrote: »
    What, so we are not allowed to do the first move? We cannot actually win? Just a draw? That's just not right for a competitive game.

Well, if you think about it, it also goes the same as for the opponent. But i agree that it is annoying.
    Oh, and you're wrong on one thing: If the enemy doesn't make the first move, the user will make the first move using either Bandit or Battle Ram to observe the enemy's response, and, eventually, the entire deck.

Then don't spoil your deck. Use a counter that has less chance of counterpushing and does not give up what archetype are you using. Example: Lumberjack, Guards, Prince, Minions, etc. Afterwards, be on guard.

However, there is a flaw with this strategy. You can't pull it 100% of the time due to bad starting hands, which is pure RnG (luck).
    No, the enemy is of course a professional-level player. Overcommitting is something a copy-paster would do. So no, Golem Night Witch cannot win, even if the deck is tweaked to include Inferno Dragon. A tweaked Golem NW deck that includes Balloon has a chance to win after clearing the Mega Minion (Electro Wizard can still be distracted and is able to be killed easier by a slipping Lumberjack.

Then try to keep your game with your opponent all the time. Remember your limits and know when your opponent reach theirs. It's not like they'll mess up at the first minutes, but if they don't then make sure you don't as well. Might end up with a draw, but at least you didn't lose.
    EarthThis signature is my city