Damage Per Second: 160
Hit Speed: 2.5sec
Range: 7
Radius: 2
Targets: Air & Ground
Speed: Slow
Death Damage: 200

Card Description:
The Ancient Dragon is from the original breed of dragons. Its Ancient Fire is so powerful, it lights the Arena on fire upon arrival. Even when defeated, the Ancient Fire goes down with the Ancient Dragon, burning its enemies.

General Explanation:
The Ancient Dragon is a 10-Cost Legendary troop card. It's a flying troop, like most dragons are.

1. At Spawn
Phase 1: Ancient Dragon spits 12 fireballs that deal 100 damage each and randomly hit areas around a 4-tile radius. The fireballs themselves have a 1.5-tile radius each and deal area damage to both ground and air unit. All the fireballs have a weak 360 knockback. At this phase, Ancient Dragon is out of the Arena and is invulnerable to any damage.

Phase 2: Ancient Dragon charges towards the ground like a falling meteor and hits it, dealing 400 damage to all units in a 2-tile area and 200 damage to 4-tile area outside of the 400 damage one. This phase's damage has a 360 knockback effect (yes, all of them, 200 and 400 damage ones). The 400 damage knockback power is like Fireball spell, with the 200 damage one having a weaker knockback. In this phase, Ancient Dragon is vulnerable, but to units that can attack air only, despite the fact that it hits the ground.

Phase 1 happens at a 1.5sec period, and Phase 2 happens at a 0.5sec one.

Phase 3: Ancient Dragon flies up to the sky again and initiate its 2sec spawn time.

2. Normal Attack
Ancient Dragon shoots big fireballs at 7-tile range. Unlike normal splash damage, the fireballs damage any enemy they pass through (like Magic Archer's arrows). Unlike Magic Archer, Ancient Dragon's fireballs stop at the target, so the nearer the target to Ancient Dragon, the less area the fireballs travel. Its fireballs travel at the speed of Fireball spell.
Ancient Dragon's fireballs have a radius of 1.5 tile. When they hit the target, they burst and expand in radius to 2 tile. The units only take damage once from each fireball.
Ancient Dragon has a 1 second initial attack and a 0.5 second retarget time. The fireballs (only when burst) have a weak knockback effect, weaker than Fireball spell.

3. At Death
When Ancient Dragon dies, it surrounds itself with Ancient Fire, then the fire bursts, dealing 200 damage to all enemies within the 2.5-tile radius. This damage has no knockback. The death damage is initiated within a 1sec period.

4. Target Mechanism
Ancient Dragon's targeting is a bit special. It doesn't move towards troops, only building. It only attacks troops if they are in its range. Otherwise, when nothing is in its range, it will move towards buildings. In shorter words, you can't kite it.

What do you think about this card? Is it OP? Is it UP? Do you have any questions?

UPDATE #1:
- Phase 1 Damage Reduced by 50% (to 100 from 200 at Level 9)
- Phase 1 fireball count increased to 12 (from 10)
- Applied randomness limit:
"The maximum damage an area can take is 600 damage (6 fireballs) and only 1 smaller area inside of the 4-tile radius."
- Normal attack impact radius reduced to 2 tiles (from 2.5 tiles)
ferrell34

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,396Moderator
    I personally never liked "all-out" cards concept. But the sheer EPIC-ness just from the spawn damage gave me hard goosebumps.

Jokes aside, this is probably the best "all out" card concept i've ever seen. Instead of a card that wipes out everything on it's way (like a better PEKKA) or a one man army card (either a better Golem or Recruits), it's a sweet mix of both.

From phase 1 to the target mechanism, it's very good. Good job :+1:

Might need some reducing at phase 1 spawn damage. It's too OP imo, in a real scenario the highest output that can be dealed to a single unit is literally 1200 (6 fireballs/ six areas) and there's still more behind and it's splash! ...And also
    randomly hit areas

I propose a damage nerf to the phase 1 fireballs (from 200 to 120) and less randomness at phase 1 (maybe like each fireballs takes different segment to land, which is a 30° area, in radius but still in a random order like Graveyard).
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 89Member
    edited February 22
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    I personally never liked "all-out" cards concept. But the sheer EPIC-ness just from the spawn damage gave me hard goosebumps.

Jokes aside, this is probably the best "all out" card concept i've ever seen. Instead of a card that wipes out everything on it's way (like a better PEKKA) or a one man army card (either a better Golem or Recruits), it's a sweet mix of both.

From phase 1 to the target mechanism, it's very good. Good job :+1:

Might need some reducing at phase 1 spawn damage. It's too OP imo, in a real scenario the highest output that can be dealed to a single unit is literally 1200 (6 fireballs/ six areas) and there's still more behind and it's splash! ...And also
    randomly hit areas

I propose a damage nerf to the phase 1 fireballs (from 200 to 120) and less randomness at phase 1 (maybe like each fireballs takes different segment to land, which is a 30° area, in radius but still in a random order like Graveyard).

Thank you very much for the compliment.

I personally think that "Why don't we have an actual 10-Cost troop? That would be epic- I mean legendary". So this card idea was born.

It is a 10-Cost card, so of course it has to be all-out, because after deploying the card, you are literally defenseless and completely vulnerable to other-lane pushes.

I made this card to punish weak defense decks, especially cycle decks. I hope this could reduce the usage of Hog Rider and Barbarian Barrel.

I see. Yeah, 200 is probably too powerful. However, I want to keep the damage consistent, so I decided to reduce the Phase 1 damage to 100 and increase the amount of fireballs to 12 instead.
    As for the randomness, I decided to apply this limit:
    The maximum damage that an area can take is 600 (6 fireballs) and only 1 smaller area inside of the 4-tile radius.

I also decided to reduce the burst radius from 2.5 tile to 2 tile. This means, if Ancient Dragon is surrounded by Minion Horde, 1 of them will survive if Ancient Dragon attacks. I feel that 2.5 tile is too large.
    ferrell34