Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Season reset/ladder needs a fix

killerkiller Posts: 1,150Member
Imo I think ladder is noticeably going down hill. It seems to me that each season it takes longer for people to climb.

On my lower acct which is a lvl11 with most cards lvl11 and one lvl10, I am currently at 4200+ cups. We are 3 weeks into this season and I am still seeing nearly all lvl12 and some lvl13 players at 4200-4300 cups. Normally I expect to see players with 11s and some 12s where I’m at.

8 out of 10 of my last opponents have had one or more lvl13 cards. Again, this is only 200 cups past 4k. For whatever reason I am seeing a lot of droppers this season as well. Like a recent match against someone with a best season of 4966 but who was already at 4433 cups this season... at 4240 cups. This player had 7 of 8 cards maxxed.

If this was an anomaly I would have no reason to post. But there are a large number of players whose profiles indicate they have been 200-300 cups higher this season who are just above 4200.

When 3/4s of the season has gone by and a large amount of the population has still not climbed, something is wrong. You can make it to 4k cups with all lvl10 cards. But 200 cups higher the majority of players have a few 12s and 13s. Relative to the first 4k cups, it is almost a hard stop now when you cross 4k. From when I was reset for the season I am about 100 cups higher. I don’t think 3 weeks of grinding should equal about 100 cups.

The ladder and season reset, imo, need a real overhaul. I still think if they are going to stick with a season reset then do it across ALL of the ladder. That would prevent the ridiculous build up at 4k.
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,019Member
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If the season reset happened at all ladder, then Level 13 cards would be required to cross above 2k trophies. That is over half the game that is going to get blocked due to these players.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,277Moderator
    They said that they might rework the reset, theme the seasons, or maybe tweak the duration. Nothing confirmed, but there might be some changes in the April update (so about 5-6 weeks)
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 529Member
    The design of the game is simple.... progress is fast at the lower levels to get you hooked on the game, then slows down to a crawl to get you to spend money.... This is a "for Profit" game.... it is designed to make money... this isn't a charity program... if you play for free (which i do)... except the free gift and let others pay for the game and advance farther... If not for the P2W crowd, there would be no game.....
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 475Member
    Game is over three years old. There are tons of players who has lev 12-13 cards in their main deck. They just arent good enough to climb higher or dont care to even try.

Maybe reset needs a small fix, but what SC should do is to give players some real reason to push early on. There also needs to be more and better overall season rewards, so that people really want to achieve higher trophies.

I am at 5362 at the moment. I will probably just push to 5.5k and thats it.

I could reach 5.8k without too much problems, if I put time and effort to it, but why would I? To get 5 more epics and a bit more gold. Not worth it, imo. Would obv be a different fase if I want to make a new pb or try to get to the ultimate champion, but its not going to happen this season no matter what, so 5.5k is good enough for me.
    MasterCal
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,150Member
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If the season reset happened at all ladder, then Level 13 cards would be required to cross above 2k trophies. That is over half the game that is going to get blocked due to these players.

I don’t agree. If the players were that bad they would already be pushed down to 2k. I just think something can be done to stop the hardline at 4k. If the reset was across all I think (1) people would have to play more ladder to return to their arenas with better chests thereby providing incentive to play ladder more. (2) since people would be dropped further they would have more space to climb (meaning the people who peak at 4200 but get dropped to 4100... they’re not going anymore the whole month)

At any rate... I don’t think SC’s intent is for the game to be a drag. Imo once you cross 4k the quality of the game goes downhill. It becomes a grind with sloooow progress. Yes, Im sure some people spend to try to advance, but unless your a huge spender it doesn’t make much of a difference. Your average player can probably advance 4000 cups with their cards being 11s. By 4700 cups half the players have 7-8 maxxed cards. What is the cost to get a deck from all 11s to 13s? Hundreds if not thousands... or you grind the next 2 years to advance 600-700 cups?

I’m just saying as it is now, I can see a lot of people leaving after 4k.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,019Member
    killer wrote: »

I don’t agree. If the players were that bad they would already be pushed down to 2k. I just think something can be done to stop the hardline at 4k. If the reset was across all I think (1) people would have to play more ladder to return to their arenas with better chests thereby providing incentive to play ladder more. (2) since people would be dropped further they would have more space to climb (meaning the people who peak at 4200 but get dropped to 4100... they’re not going anymore the whole month)

At any rate... I don’t think SC’s intent is for the game to be a drag. Imo once you cross 4k the quality of the game goes downhill. It becomes a grind with sloooow progress. Yes, Im sure some people spend to try to advance, but unless your a huge spender it doesn’t make much of a difference. Your average player can probably advance 4000 cups with their cards being 11s. By 4700 cups half the players have 7-8 maxxed cards. What is the cost to get a deck from all 11s to 13s? Hundreds if not thousands... or you grind the next 2 years to advance 600-700 cups?

But that hurts the entire early game. Level 9s would not make to Frozen Peak at all, at least for an entire month. Think about lower Arenas as well.

It is better to instead, raise the trophy cap reset higher to 5000 trophies or even 6000.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
    killer wrote: »

But that hurts the entire early game. Level 9s would not make to Frozen Peak at all, at least for an entire month. Think about lower Arenas as well.

It is better to instead, raise the trophy cap reset higher to 5000 trophies or even 6000.

raising the cap to 5k would be a very good start...
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,944Moderator
    edited February 27
    Season reset is not the problem. The game is old enough to have a good ammount of maxed players, and not all of them play this game equally active. For example, my first account's PB is 4900 and I reached those trophies with level 11-12 cards. Right now I'm sitting at 4200 with 12-13 cards because I rarely play, specially with my first account (my true main account is other one with all cards at the same level).
    I'm sorry if somebody has faced me as an underleveled hero, but trust me when I say I have no patience to climb up right now. Playing any deck I want is way more enjoyful tan just 1 high leveled one.
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
    Season reset is not the problem. The game is old enough to have a good ammount of maxed players, and not all of them play this game equally active. For example, my first account's PB is 4900 and I reached those trophies with level 11-12 cards. Right now I'm sitting at 4200 with 12-13 cards because I rarely play, specially with my first account (my true main account is other one with all cards at the same level).
    I'm sorry if somebody has faced me as an underleveled hero, but trust me when I say I have no patience to climb up right now. Playing any deck I want is way more enjoyful tan just 1 high leveled one.

But you just gave a great argument to move the reset to 5k... You don't want to keep climbing and getting knocked back down so you settle for 4200.... This is the same for me.... not worth the time to climb so we just camp out wherever we end up.... I have to imagine we aren't alone in this....
  • CRplayer3574CRplayer3574 Posts: 43Member
    I really don't know what can be done to fix problems. I am losing interest and agree. I pushed past 5200, but the problem is that I maxed an all common deck quickly in my CR career. Ladder is flawed in design except for new players and top players in the world. Clan wars probably saved this game for me. It's about the only thing that interests me.

I log on, open chest/collect gift (if applicable), start unock, donate, request (if applicable), war battle (if applicable), do ladder battle or two to fill chest slot. I find the clan wars rewards, season rewards to be really nice bonus. Problem with ladder is I have to grind to go to 5200, so I battle enough to maintain 4900 every season and keep the chests moving. I enjoy the special challenges and would buy those bonus reward chests if they were affordable. Would also buy gems if they ran a gem special (haven't run one of those in a while).
    micsfyuen
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 687Member
    I really don't know what can be done to fix problems. I am losing interest and agree. I pushed past 5200, but the problem is that I maxed an all common deck quickly in my CR career. Ladder is flawed in design except for new players and top players in the world. Clan wars probably saved this game for me. It's about the only thing that interests me.

I log on, open chest/collect gift (if applicable), start unock, donate, request (if applicable), war battle (if applicable), do ladder battle or two to fill chest slot. I find the clan wars rewards, season rewards to be really nice bonus. Problem with ladder is I have to grind to go to 5200, so I battle enough to maintain 4900 every season and keep the chests moving. I enjoy the special challenges and would buy those bonus reward chests if they were affordable. Would also buy gems if they ran a gem special (haven't run one of those in a while).

Agree exactly.

The game is still very enjoyable overall. Just not the ladder games.
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 292Member
    I think ladder is still interesting but the problem is one has to be a very good player to climb. With this 50% win rate how can it be possible to climb to 6000??? I will never get past 5200.
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,150Member
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    I think ladder is still interesting but the problem is one has to be a very good player to climb. With this 50% win rate how can it be possible to climb to 6000??? I will never get past 5200.
    For me, ladder is NOT interesting for better then half the season. As it is now, when I see a string of maxxed garbage players I often just quit. Playing against a string of terrible pay to win players is not only not interesting, I would say its outright irritating. Imo the unfair battles is the most irritating thing about the game, season reset just exacerbates the situation by forcing even worse then normal level differences in a lot of the battles.

I used to play like a fanatic. I find myself starting to play then quitting and looking for another game,
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 292Member
    I want to climb above 5200 this season. But I have serious troubles to go past 4900 right now. My win rate is only 50%.
    Do you have any good suggestions how to push? I often play and lose 3 or 4 battles and after that have to fight hard to get back to the trophies I had at the beginning. Maybe I lose one more battle and only climb by +1 trophy creation.

The battles are often so fast, there is not much time to think and often the win depends on some seconds. Or just a feeling how to play a game and luck at the end. I still cannot count elixir! There seems a tank meta but one has to play ice-bow still a bit aggressive.

Or is here a great Ice-Bow player, I want to watch battles to learn how to place it better!
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    I want to climb above 5200 this season. But I have serious troubles to go past 4900 right now. My win rate is only 50%.
    Do you have any good suggestions how to push? I often play and lose 3 or 4 battles and after that have to fight hard to get back to the trophies I had at the beginning. Maybe I lose one more battle and only climb by +1 trophy creation.

The battles are often so fast, there is not much time to think and often the win depends on some seconds. Or just a feeling how to play a game and luck at the end. I still cannot count elixir! There seems a tank meta but one has to play ice-bow still a bit aggressive.

Or is here a great Ice-Bow player, I want to watch battles to learn how to place it better!

I like how you are willing to work on getting better and know your weakness.... This is lost on some people..

Some people say playing a week after reset is hard.... wait till people have spread out some...

Counting Elixir: I use a poker card counting style when I count elixir.... When I counter a PEKkA with Skeleton army... I say + 4...... I sort of keep a running score of my + or - elixir trades... and this lets me know when to hit my opponent with a duel lane push that they won't be able to counter.

What I work On: I work on how to counter certain situations so it becomes just a reflex.... example, if I see someone drop a golem in the back... my practice tells me I have to push opposite lane now and fast to burn his elixir so they can't support the golem.... most people will use too much elixir to stop a cheap push on opposite lane.... I keep back my golem counter for when he crosses the line.... always drop behind and kill any support the golem has first.

The meta changed some to me... I had to make an adjustment myself, but I still feel like I am missing something.... it is hard to adjust your deck with limited resources.