Damage: 47
Damage Per Second: 70
Hit Speed: 0.7sec
Range: Melee
Targets: Air & Ground
Speed: Fast
Count: 4

Card Description:
Four armored dragonflies trained for battle. They are flying, armored, fast, and aggressive, what more do you want?

General Description:
The Dragonflies is a 5-Cost Rare Card. I think most of the interactions are self-explanatory, such as the melee attack mechanism like Bats, fast move speed like Minions. Dragonflies are heavy and cannot be knocked back.

I made this card to give Minion Horde a competition.

What do you think about this card? Is it OP? Is it UP?

UPDATE #1:
- Move Speed reduced to Fast (from Very Fast)
- Weight increased to Heavy (from Medium)
*Now, Dragonflies cannot be knocked back (unless Supercell releases an air The Log)
- Rarity changed to Rare (from Epic)

Comments

• NukedPenguinNukedPenguin Posts: 210Member
    Interesting Idea.

I like the layout of it but I have some suggestions to modify the Dragonflies.

First would be to switch their shield points with invisibility like the Royal Ghost. When they are not attacking they are faint in appearance, but when they attack they glow brightly. When they attack they deal similar damage like Fire Spirits, but would non expire on their attack.
    While not attacking their glow becomes dark again and troops can't see them.

This should change their hit speed close to a lava pup attack speed.

So my suggestions in a sum up:
    -Swap shields for invisibility
    -Swap fast attack speed for splash attack
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
    Interesting Idea.

First would be to switch their shield points with invisibility like the Royal Ghost. When they are not attacking they are faint in appearance, but when they attack they glow brightly. When they attack they deal similar damage like Fire Spirits, but would non expire on their attack.

Thank you for the comment.

Honestly, I don't really like the idea of invisibility on very fast troops. I'm afraid that they could be the next EBarb, or even worse, even though invisibility is actually an awesome idea, because it could make Dragonflies have a different role (Dragonflies for offense, Minion Horde for defense).

Splash is also not a good idea either in my opinion. They would be just like a worse Baby Dragon. Maybe if you could provide some more interesting mechanism in this splash attack, then I would highly reconsider it.
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 533Member
    Interesting Idea.

no, that is not a good idea. it would be way too OP.

about the card altogether, it is well designed, but perhaps too ordinary to be epic, maybe change it to rare. by the way, how would it attack. would it hit the target (like bats) or would it throw something (like minions)?
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
    no, that is not a good idea. it would be way too OP.

about the card altogether, it is well designed, but perhaps too ordinary to be epic, maybe change it to rare. by the way, how would it attack. would it hit the target (like bats) or would it throw something (like minions)?

They hit their enemies like Bats.

But, if and only if the Dragonflies had to deal splash damage (somebody could convince me to make Dragonflies deal splash damage), they would create a buzzing sound.

Actually, rarity outside of Legendary doesn't matter much. Maybe you're right that it should be Rare instead. I'll change it, but I don't consider that a balance update.

Thank you for the comment by the way.
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,400Moderator
    edited February 26
    Interesting card. It's like Recruits but on air. They will be a hard form of tank and spank, but may not stop hard ground pushes. However, they also have fewer counters.

For usage, i concluded that it works as a Minion Horde for Bridge Spam and Dual Lane decks. They also works as a Poison bait due to their intimidating pose.

For balancing, you did a good job statistically. But i think being "Very Fast" doesn't fit with their concept so there are things that could be improved.

My suggestion is to slow them down to "Fast" speed, but make them "immune to knockback" (fireball or snowball). The point of this change is to make them less menacing on their own, but more horrifying when supported (like Royal Hogs).
    EarthThis signature is my city
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    Interesting card. It's like air Recruits but on air. They will be a hard form of tank and spank, but may not stop hard ground pushes. However, they also have fewer counters.

For usage, i concluded that it works as a Minion Horde for Bridge Spam and Dual Lane decks. They also works as a Poison bait due to their intimidating pose.

For balancing, you did a good job statistically. But i think being "Very Fast" doesn't fit with their concept so there are things that could be improved.

My suggestion is to slow them down to "Fast" speed, but make them "immune to knockback" (fireball or snowball). The point of this change is to make them less menacing on their own, but more horrifying when supported (like Royal Hogs).

You mean making them have a "Heavy" weight like Lava Hound and PEKKA?

Interesting. That would make them more threatening and less like EBarbs.