Range: Melee
Target: Buildings
Area Damage (2): 40
Radius: 2
Slow Duration: 2.5sec
Speed: Slow
Weight: Heavy

Card Description:
Grown in the depths of the Frozen Peak's cold caves, the Frostbite Yeti emits freezing aura everytime she gets damaged. Even in the heat of the battle in the Arena, she stays cool and chill.

General Explanation:
The Frostbite Yeti is a 7-Cost Epic card. She targets buildings and moves slow. Her uniqueness is that everytime she gets damaged, she emits a 2-tile radius freezing aura around her.

The freezing aura deals area damage and slows all units, Ground and Air. The freezing aura emission has a 1 second cooldown, so she only emits the freezing aura once every 1 second of taking damage.

What do you think about this card? Is it OP? Is it UP?

UPDATE #1:
- Set freezing aura cooldown to 1sec (she now emits freezing aura once every 1 second of taking damage)
- Hit Speed increased to 1.7sec (from 2sec)
- Little Rework: Frostbite Yeti's punches now slow the target

Comments

• NukedPenguinNukedPenguin Posts: 210Member
    I see you have put quite a bit of thought into this card, but you didn't consider this, there is already a Clash Royale card that is a frozen yeti, it's the Ice Golem, you've heard of that card yes?
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 533Member
    now, this is an insane card, and probably needs to be legendary.

What current cards could counter it?
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
    I see you have put quite a bit of thought into this card, but you didn't consider this, there is already a Clash Royale card that is a frozen yeti, it's the Ice Golem, you've heard of that card yes?

Thank you for the comment.

They might be similar, but I can assure you, this one is different. I think you also forget that there are two even more similar cards (in usage), Wizard and Executioner.
    edited March 1

I don't know, she just emits auras. It's not like she has spawn damage or has insane range.

Frostbite Yeti is just an overpriced Giant. My intention of making the card is to punish Poison users (Poison is currently meta right now). Mini PEKKA and PEKKA still counter her, just like how they counter Giant. Inferno Tower still flawlessly counters her. She even deals much lower damage than Giant.

Should I reduce the freezing aura damage to 30 or something? For now, I'm not convinced.
  • NukedPenguinNukedPenguin Posts: 210Member
    Yes I realize the functionality of your card is quite different than the Ice Golem but I can't help but picture the way it looks to look exactly like the Ice Golem based on the name "Frostbite Yeti".

I think the freeze aura should not activate that often. Just look at other cards for an example of balance, the Sparky takes a while to activate the shock cannon, which is a weapon analogous to a rocket that can't damage air. Another good example of a decent charge time for a spell-like ability on a troop is the Mega Knight ground pound, analogous to Fireball that hits ground only and takes a couple seconds between jumps.

I recommend a cool down for the freeze aura, still can be activated by an attack of an incoming troop but to optimize the performance I believe a short delay in activation is also necessary. Just throwing a couple numbers out for an idea, maybe a 1.5 second activation delay, and a 4 second cool down after activation. With your current model of activation it's like a permanent stun to enemies near it, I think it's a bit excessive.
    IDProG wrote: »

I don't know, she just emits auras. It's not like she has spawn damage or has insane range.

Frostbite Yeti is just an overpriced Giant. My intention of making the card is to punish Poison users (Poison is currently meta right now). Mini PEKKA and PEKKA still counter her, just like how they counter Giant. Inferno Tower still flawlessly counters her. She even deals much lower damage than Giant.

Should I reduce the freezing aura damage to 30 or something? For now, I'm not convinced.

i don't know, maybe the duration of the aura to 1.5 seconds, otherwise it would be too OP.
    edited March 3
    Yes I realize the functionality of your card is quite different than the Ice Golem but I can't help but picture the way it looks to look exactly like the Ice Golem based on the name "Frostbite Yeti".

I think the freeze aura should not activate that often. Just look at other cards for an example of balance, the Sparky takes a while to activate the shock cannon, which is a weapon analogous to a rocket that can't damage air. Another good example of a decent charge time for a spell-like ability on a troop is the Mega Knight ground pound, analogous to Fireball that hits ground only and takes a couple seconds between jumps.

I recommend a cool down for the freeze aura, still can be activated by an attack of an incoming troop but to optimize the performance I believe a short delay in activation is also necessary. Just throwing a couple numbers out for an idea, maybe a 1.5 second activation delay, and a 4 second cool down after activation. With your current model of activation it's like a permanent stun to enemies near it, I think it's a bit excessive.
    IDProG wrote: »

i don't know, maybe the duration of the aura to 1.5 seconds, otherwise it would be too OP.

Thank you for your comments.

I see. That might be true that the aura may deal too much damage, but I don't want to nerf her too harshly, so let's try 1sec cooldown first. And I also gave hit speed buff and "slowing attack" to her to compensate for the nerf.
    can you explain the cooldown again, I don't understand it.
    can you explain the cooldown again, I don't understand it.

So, here's a case: There are 4 Minions approaching the Yeti. If the first Minion hit her, she will emit the aura. But, the other Minion's attack will not activate her until 1 second of the cooldown. After that 1 second, if a Minion attacks, she will emit it again.
    oh ok,

another question, will the aura effect stack?
    No, it won't. It will be like Ice Wizard's slow.