Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
WARNING! The Rage category can contain profanity. It is not suggested for children under the age of 13.

FOR WHATEVER REASON, DO NOT TOUCH LADDER

IDProGIDProG Posts: 158Member
I repeat, FOR WHATEVER GODDAMN REASON, DO NOT TOUCH LADDER!

I was at Challenger 1 with my mostly Level 9 deck for about a month. I'm Level 10. I know, F2P sucks. I never touched ladder. Then, recently, a gold rush event was held. So I was tempted by the gold that I can get and thought that I could hold in Challenger 1 until I get all the gold. I was SO WRONG.

I lost 150 trophies, thanks to me fighting Level 11, Level 12, and Level 13 noobs with their proudly overleveled cards. I had to fucking play for 1 and a half hour to get back to Challenger 1. It was such a torture to my brain.

Finally, FOR WHATEVER GODDAMN REASON, DO. NOT. TOUCH. LADDER. EVER.

Thank you.

Comments

• JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 2,007Moderator
    You can touch it if you build up a ladder counter deck
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 158Member
    You can touch it if you build up a ladder counter deck

Unfortunately, Level advantage > Skill or Deck advantage.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,120Member
    You should not care about being demoted to a trophy count that is lower than your personal best. Just play for the Chests/Victory Gold/Crown Chest/Gold Rush/Boosts only.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 158Member
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    You should not care about being demoted to a trophy count that is lower than your personal best. Just play for the Chests/Victory Gold/Crown Chest/Gold Rush/Boosts only.

I don't know. I don't think I can climb back on with my lackluster card levels if I get demoted too far. Chests, Victory Golds, and Crown Chest Crowns can be obtained by 2v2 anyway. So why bother playing ladder with weak cards?
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 552Member
    I play ladder only once a month to get my season chest.... maybe 3 games and I'm done for the month.... I haven't seen any reason for me to play more than that.
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 585Member
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/kYhFZimzkBTaT6576

This. one hour after gold Rush started.

This season he got 4750+

He was at 4300 with a lv 13 account fully max
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
    Piklashu... This largely happens daily. I always look at the profiles when I play some overleveled garbage player as I curious if they are a dropper, perhaps they haven’t played ladder much if it is early season, or just terrible. While I would not say its the majority of the overleveled players, it is still pretty common to play someone hundreds of cups below their season best with card levels that imo implies they did so on purpose.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
    killer wrote: »
    Piklashu... This largely happens daily. I always look at the profiles when I play some overleveled garbage player as I curious if they are a dropper, perhaps they haven’t played ladder much if it is early season, or just terrible. While I would not say its the majority of the overleveled players, it is still pretty common to play someone hundreds of cups below their season best with card levels that imo implies they did so on purpose.

Be careful, I can already see from a distance the knights of"he had a poor streak and your salty" brigade arriving
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    Piklashu wrote: »

Be careful, I can already see from a distance the knights of"he had a poor streak and your salty" brigade arriving

Or shaggs who likes to argue that they are very good players who choose to stay much lower then they can. So they are good, they’re just really bad sports who prefer to just roll over players with lesser decks.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:

Or shaggs who likes to argue that they are very good players who choose to stay much lower then they can. So they are good, they’re just really bad sports who prefer to just roll over players with lesser decks.

You can also be called a racist intolerant homophobic zealot. You know, using specific decks and play styles now are at the same level of race/religion/sexual orientation here.....
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    edited March 4

Ahhhh Killer... I knew you missed me!.... For the record so you don't get it Twisted, Me "choosing" to stay at a lower level is actually me choosing not to grind every season after reset.... I play 1-3 games a season and that is it....

Shaggs wrote: »

Ahhhh Killer... I knew you missed me!.... For the record so you don't get it Twisted, Me "choosing" to stay at a lower level is actually me choosing not to grind every season after reset.... I play 1-3 games a season and that is it....

But you do know there are droppers all season long who stay low on purpose, right? When you see people with maxxed decks below 4300, for example, who when you check their season high and see its hundreds higher... these people imo ruin the game for others
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    edited March 8
    f1cmorucmwd8.png

This guy. He already got to 4600 and have a5200 season average

But he is in 4300... Probably he stays low to get easy wins all season and cling to get reward only at the end.

Of course he BM and is a level 13 with a fully maxed deck
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    f1cmorucmwd8.png

This guy. He already got to 4600 and have a5200 season average

But he is in 4300... Probably he stays low to get easy wins all season and cling to get reward only at the end.

Of course he BM and is a level 13 with a fully maxed deck

Let me do the math... 5240 is his best, not his "Average".... reset would push him to 4620... which is how you get "He already got to 4600".... season reset just happened....

bottom line........ this is not a "Dropper".... this is a normal person hit by season reset. I do believe there might be droppers, but everyone that beats you is not a "dropper".
    JcttehTheWise
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,356Moderator
    I can confirm droppers exist, as I got two free wins on the first couple of days. It's possible that they lagged out but I doubt it.

I feel like they're just dropping about 500+ trophies to crush weaker players instead of trying their luck against players with equal or even higher card levels to they can get their chests easily (though why they wouldn't do 2v2 for that reason idk)
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3