Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[OFFICIAL] Balance Update Live (3/4) - Barbarians, X-Bow, and More!

MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,277Moderator
edited March 4 in General Discussion
https://i.redd.it/j7c8jvps6ij21.jpg

Note: These changes are not live yet! They're coming on 3/4.

The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting, listening to the community and looking at the stats. You can expect monthly balance updates to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.

In this balance update we're taking a look at Barbarians, X-Bow and more!

Watch the quick-look video!

---
  • Barbarians: Hitpoints -13%, Troop Count 4 -> 5
Regular Barbarians have been a bit too expensive for their cost for a long time now, leading to a low use/win rate in competitive play. We are going to reduce the Hitpoints of all Barbarians (which also impacts Battle Ram, Barbarian Hut, and Barbarian Barrel) but increasing the amount of Barbarians in the original squad by 1.

The goal of this change is to indirectly support cards like Magic Archer and Royal Hogs by providing a pure ‘Fireball bait’ deck with solid anti-tank damage dealer in place of Lumberjack or Mini P.E.K.K.A.

(This also affects the Hitpoints of Barbarians in the following cards; Battle Ram, Barbarian Hut, Barbarian Barrel)
  • Wall Breakers: Hit Speed 1.5sec -> 1.2sec
The daring duo of dive bombers hasn’t been quite dangerous enough. This buff will allow the Wall Breakers to make their one and only attack a bit quicker upon reaching the tower, meaning both Wall Breakers will connect if unblocked. This makes Wall Breakers comparable to a Goblin Barrel if ignored, don’t take them lightly!
  • Bomb Tower: Added Death Damage bomb (deals 2x Area Damage)
Many defensive Towers have excellent uses against specific matchups. The only building that doesn’t seem to have any role is Bomb Tower. Despite swarmy ground attacks being popular, Bomb Tower was not a reasonable defensive choice. We are giving it a death bomb like Balloon (or Bomb Towers in Clash of Clans) to make it a dangerous trap for incoming attacks.
  • X-Bow: Hitpoints +4%
Out of the two Siege buildings, Mortar has had more widespread success than its more expensive cousin. Mortar has a much higher Health-per-Elixir ratio than X-Bow, so we are going to adjust them both slightly to balance them out.
  • Goblin Gang, Rascals, Bats, Barbarians: Added 0.15sec Deploy Time between Troops
A few months ago, we changed the deployment of Minion Horde to place one Minion at a time. This has been a good change to Minion Horde, allowing more reaction time for the opposing player. We are doing the same to the above cards, making them deploy 0.15sec apart.
---
Let us know what you think about these changes below!

See you in the Arena,

The Clash Royale Team
pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507

Comments

• IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
    I'm so glad they finally nerfed one of the key cards for the PEKKA Bridge Spam: The Battle Ram. Now, I expect that the PEKKA Bridge Spam usage rate will reduce.

So far, I like the balance change. Even though I like it, I don't love it. I don't like that now Barbarians can no longer be a Lightning rod to the glass cannons, but it's not a big deal I think.

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,277Moderator
    edited March 1
    A couple of notes... Barbarians will die to an equal level fireball. Overleveled barbarians could be even more of a pain on Ladder.

The Rascal Girls spawn first before the Rascal Boy, but the Goblins spawn before the Spear Goblins

The Bomb Tower's death bomb takes as at least as long as the Giant Skeleton's bomb does.

For my thoughts...
    Solid changes. Kind of surprised that Pekka and Bandit were untouched, but barbarians should be an even better bridge spam counter (since it doesn't run FB) and the battle ram is a bit weaker. Idk if X-Bow needed that buff, I guess its skill floor was too high (I think it should be viable without having to use cheap cards).
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 687Member
    I don’t know how to stop wall breakers behind a tank. I think wall breakers will be meta.

Xbow will be in my next global tournament deck.
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
    micsfyuen wrote: »
    I don’t know how to stop wall breakers behind a tank.

Mega Knight, Valkyrie, Wizard, Executioner, Bomber, Electro Wizard spawn + attack, Sparky, basically any swarm.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,019Member
    Amazing changes. Had to see that great changes since last June.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 533Member
    yeah, agreed with @Giorgakis probably the best we've seen. I am now slightly concerned with barb hut now, it might be UP now.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 687Member
    IDProG wrote: »
    micsfyuen wrote: »
    I don’t know how to stop wall breakers behind a tank.

Mega Knight, Valkyrie, Wizard, Executioner, Bomber, Electro Wizard spawn + attack, Sparky, basically any swarm.
    I know, but there are many problems with these counters as well.

There isn’t really any meta deck with Mega Knight, Valkyrie, Wizard, Executioner, Bomber now.

Electro Wizard can counter Wall Breakers, but it doesn’t feel right to put a fragile EWiz up in front all the time. E.g. you cannot EWiz the Wall Breakers behind a PEKKA.

Sparky can but it is very unreliable to counter such a fast unit with a slow Sparky.

Swarm cards are nerfed.

And all these counters are not cheap.

Also, two pairs of Wall Breakers connection with some other chip damage is enough to win a game. That’s why I think Wall Breakers will be strong.
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,400Moderator
    Good changes this round, they pretty much adressed most of the problems this META had.

Not really a fan of the Bomb Tower buff, since it gives more impression that Bomb Tower is a deadly sponge rather than a defending cannon. But still, it is adressed nicely.

Bandit might need some tweaking. But with all the changes being said, i think it's enough already, for now.
    EarthThis signature is my city