Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Godly Offense

Shine_Monkey_311Shine_Monkey_311 Posts: 82Member
edited March 4 in Strategy & Deck Building
Godly Offense according to Deck Shop Pro anyway.
Defense is ranked Great, but Deck Shop Pro doesn't take into account how some cards can be played unconventionally. For instance you can play Battle Ram defensively. I believe this deck's defense is also good enough to be ranked godly.

Graveyard
Night Witch
Electro-Wizard
Giant Skeleton
Wizard
Battle Ram
Mini-Pekka
Freeze

Basic Strategy is to play defense, and avoid playing offense except for counterpushing. Unless it's a quick 2 card strike on offense to try and get a little chip damage, it's best to avoid exhausting your elixir reserves in order to have enough reserves to defend with.

This deck is expensive at 4.5, so the challenge is to avoid over committing on offense, as the cheapest cards in this deck are 4 elixir, so it can be easy to over commit then not have enough elixir to play a 4 elixir card defensively.

I built this deck around defense more than offense. I didn't want any cheap squishy troops that die easily. At the same time I want powerful troop cards that can take out heavy tanks as quickly as possible.
Cards like:
Mini-Pekka- designated tank killer

Wizard anti-air big splash radius

Giant Skeleton- anti-air bomb

Night Witch - anti-air bats.

Battle Ram Graveyard Freeze is the trifecta push combo to use in this deck.

Since there's no damage spells in this deck, I use Electro-Wizard to help deal with swarms with his spawn zap.

Another tip for this deck is when you use Giant Skeleton on defense and your ready to counterpush with him, is to use him as a meat shield tank to occupy their troops while your support troops help take out their push safely behind GS.

Don't get aggressive and push until double elixir starts. If you just play defense the first 2 minutes, you'll usually be able to make enough positive elixir trades to give you the edge once double elixir starts.

One exception during the first 2 minutes on offense, is to play punishment cards if your opponent drops a 6 elixir card or higher. Cards like Battle Ram, Graveyard, Mini-Pekka and Electro-Wizard.

Comments

• IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
    It's not a practical deck in my opinion. Here are why:

1. Its cheapest card is 4 Elixir. Chip and cycle decks would overwhelm your defenses and force you to overcommit.

2. No appropriate answer to defensive Skarmy and Minion Horde after Wizard dies. No, Electro Wizard cannot counter the Skarmy because the Zap area is too small. Combine it with the bad cyclability to make it worse.

3. Very weak to Fireball + The Log/Barbarian Barrel, while extremely weak to Lightning.

4. Weak Air Defenses. Kill Wizard, and Lava Hound + Poison would exterminate a tower.

5. I've said it, the deck's cyclability is bad.

6. You said punish. You can only punish with Battle Ram, and nothing else. If you supported with Mini PEKKA or Electro Wizard, you would lose a lot of your defenses that you could've used against a Golem or Royal Giant or Balloon. If you supported with Freeze, the defenses would still be able to at least halve the damage from Battle Ram, that's 4 Elixir you could've spent to defend.

7. You have about 0.1% win chance if you fight against a deck with Electro Wizard and Poison. Why?
    a. Offensive Poison slowly kills your Wizard and/or Electro Wizard
    b. Poison shuts down Night Witch's air defensive capabilities
    c. Defensive Poison shuts down Graveyard (even with Freeze)
    d. Electro Wizard shuts down Battle Ram and helps slow down a push.
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 687Member
    I haven’t tried but I think it is a decent deck, GS is a very annoying card to deal with. It will be a long match in all kinds of match up, even the heaviest beatdown deck will require to chip with spell damage to beat this deck.

It should beat impatient players and players who are unprepared for this really off meta strategy.
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 92Member
    micsfyuen wrote: »
    I haven’t tried but I think it is a decent deck, GS is a very annoying card to deal with. It will be a long match in all kinds of match up, even the heaviest beatdown deck will require to chip with spell damage to beat this deck.

It should beat impatient players and players who are unprepared for this really off meta strategy.

It's because GS naturally counters beatdown decks (even better with Tornado), but not cycle and chip decks.
  • Shine_Monkey_311Shine_Monkey_311 Posts: 82Member
    Yeah this deck has its issues. My current deck has morphed quite a bit since I've posted this thread.
    Like I stated earlier in this thread, you really can't afford to make mistakes, or attack too aggressively, since it has a high elixir average.

I kept running into the problem of making a mistake early in the game, that put me into an elixir hole, and I'd end up getting overrun while I'm waiting for enough elixir to defend essentially a severed artery, while my HP bleeds out.