Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Confused about RG

killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
In the latest Clash with Ash video they talk about how RG is now a high performing competitive card (according to Ash its one of the top cards). Is this the consensus now? I’ll admit in the recent draft portion of the challenge people almost never chose RG over other options. So it didn’t seem to be thought of as a good choice. But, it was playable unlike say ebarbs. So I agree that its better then it was previously. But seeing its stats on stats.com it doesn’t appear to be a top performer if sorted by winrate.

Furthermore, on ladder, 99% of the RG players are still terrible overleveled players. I don’t see RG players who don’t still have a decent handicap via their deck levels.

So I’m confused... is Ash correct? Is RG a decent card now? Maybe its high skilled now? Because if the card is decent now why do I only see bad RG players on ladder?
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 738Member
    RG is good. Ash is correct. There are people who are always bad.
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 2,007Moderator
    RG’s lower range increased his skill cap so you couldn’t almost guarantee a tower hit with him. This made the few noob RG players left even more terrible, but rewarded those who know when to use it and how to support it.

For example, a while ago I managed to reach 4600 trophies with a level 11 royal giant (the rest of the deck was at level 10), simply because he has good punishing capabilities but not easy to master, since you must watch out your and your opponent’s card cycle to be sure you can counter a certain RG counter, and also to be sure you have enough elixir and cards to dfend a counterpush
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 478Member
    Decent? No. Its probably the strongest wincon at the moment or at least that RG Furnace Guards etc. deck is very strong.
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 552Member
    I use RG in collection day draft and on war day.... I have never used him in ladder, but he is a solid card for me in clan wars.... lack of answers in this format.
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
    Shaggs wrote: »
    I use RG in collection day draft and on war day.... I have never used him in ladder, but he is a solid card for me in clan wars.... lack of answers in this format.

Why not use him on ladder then?

Also... I hear you saying that you use him in various challenges. But I found it curious that I played more RG in the last draft challenge then I had in awhile because nearly everybody gave it away. Which seemed contrary to me Ash’s (and now Puzo’s) assertion that it was one of the strongest cards.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,356Moderator
    edited March 4
    killer wrote: »

Also... I hear you saying that you use him in various challenges. But I found it curious that I played more RG in the last draft challenge then I had in awhile because nearly everybody gave it away. Which seemed contrary to me Ash’s (and now Puzo’s) assertion that it was one of the strongest cards.

That's where mindset comes into play... As Jctteh said the card is not just a simple "play at the bridge and get a lot of damage" anymore, it's harder to play (but still a low skill cap according to Seth). So likely a lot of "casual ladder" players think the card is weak
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 552Member
    edited March 4
    killer wrote: »

I don't use RG in ladder because your opponent gets to make his deck from every card out there.... This gives my opponent a lot of options to choose from on shutting him down.... In draft/War Day, your options are extremely limited.... Not that he is strong or weak, just to many ways to shut him down in everyones main deck....

With Meta in ladder (at my range) seems to be Hog/Mortar... The cards used to defend and cards used in these decks are very "anti-RG" in my opinion...

My advice is not to build Draft/War Day decks the same way you would ladder... the Meta and mind set of your opponent is completely different... Average elixir cost is one difference... There are cards I don't like in ladder but are a must for me in Draft.... RG, Sparky, Royal Guards just to name a few....