Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Buff/rework balances changes

realy0_realy0_ Posts: 17Member
edited March 12 in Card Balance Discussion
This list is just a opinion and aims to makes dead cards usable instead of nerfing op cards (because i don't think that there are dominant cards in the current meta)

Rage : Enraged troops deals 35 additional damage at TS, Duration reduced to 4,5s and not longer scales with levels.
This rework will standardize levels upgrades like freeze and makes it more versatile to use, It is also a nerf against high damage troops when paired with rage like ballon or elite barbarians with the decreased duration and the low damage added. It also makes big pushes more scary xd

Elite Barbarians : HP reduced to 760 HP, Attack increased by 15% , Hitspeed increased to 1,4s , Faster initial attack
This sort of rework will make EB having a better job at counter-pushing and would be better at defense overall with the counterpart of HP. It would die after a fireball+log or lightning, making it riskier to bridge spam.

Freeze : Damage reduced to 76 damage, Duration increased to 4,5s
Freeze is now even worse state than pre-rework as even with good plays, it does punish you to use it with the low duration. This buff would help you better with longer duration but doesn't kill fire spirit anymore. This may bring a alternative to fireball/ poison.

Heal : Heal increased by 110% , Duration decreased to 1s
Current heal even after post-rework doesn't seem to be used at all. I think one of the main reason is that everything outdamage the heal, making it useless 90% of the time. This change will make swarms less likely to be outdamaged and helps a bit with the additionnal 5% total heal on tankier troops now.

Arrows : Has now a Duration of 1s, troops inside are hitted 1 time only
Arrows are being overshadowed by other spells. His new ability would now pressure the opponent on attack by lasting now 1s and every troops inside it get the damage of arrow once even after placing arrows.

Lightning : Base damage increased by 10% Bolts increased from 3 to 4 , Each bolt have 20 % damage decrease after 1 strike (ex : First strike deals 100% Damage then Second strike deals 80 % damage and so on) you might say this is pointless, it's a balanced card but i think this card have a too similar roles with rocket and doesn't feel like a Epic card. This would make it trickier to use with the new gimmick but overall punish better big pushes.

Mirror : 1 Elixir decrease, duplicated troops are 1 level less than original. Dead card in normal matches, this would counter better bait decks especially the fireball bait decks.

Wall Breakers : Explosion radius increased by 2 tiles
They hardly reach the tower and doesn't seem punishing at all. By adding that, troops around the tower are now heavily damaged. It become a true high risk- high reward card

Personnal changes that i would also do :

Zappies - Faster initial attack, one of the worst cards for now
3M - Elixir cost decreased to 9 (again), 3m lightning is dead
Bomb Tower - Damage increased by 5% , still a underused card
Electro Dragon : Faster Initial attack , help him slightly as he is a niche card
Bomber : Hitspeed decreased to 1,6s , Radius increased by 0,25 , Attack act now like Dynamike's attacks from Brawl Stars

Comments

• micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 739Member
    Some are really nice ideas, i think you should post on reddit.
  • realy0_realy0_ Posts: 17Member
    micsfyuen wrote: »
    Some are really nice ideas, i think you should post on reddit.

uwu thanks
    would post it straight but i'll wait a bit for further feedback
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 624Member
    Rage: perhaps a 5% highpoint buff for all raged troops.
    Arrow&lightning&mirror: not needed
    All the rest is fine.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/7467/brainiacboys-ama#latest

check out my AMA!!!
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
    I’ll be the oddball and say I don’t like most of them. But I’m of the philosophy that there is too much spell reliance in the game.

I don’t think rage needs anything, it was buffed a while ago and I think it does its job fine.

Ebarbs- If this is a buff then hell no. All the overleveled ebarb players would increase. The card needs to be retired, if anything. Imo any change to the card begins with changing its rarity.

Freeze... a card even SC says isn’t right. People were not happy with the recent freeze meta.

Heal- it was literally just buffed. I don’t think they’re going to do it again, and again, for me, spells need dampening not buffing.

Arrows... I don’t necessarily hate an arrow rework. But the thing is, there are what, over 90 cards now? All cards will never be equal.

Lightning.., I would nerf lightning to its condition before the last buff.

Mirror... i think you would kill it. The +1 lvl is part of its appeal.

I think that pekka has been due for a nerf for about a year now. Its everywhere including 1 in every 4 grand challenge decks.
    3m doesn’t need to be revived.
    undo the buff to xbow
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 336Member
    oh I am on the negative side too. Killer made a good answer, I support his view.
    Only with the X-Bow I have to say that it is still weak. But I'd say it doesn't need a buff because there are great players and Number one is again an X-Bow. So don't touch X-Bow!
    Pekka is also a solid card, I am not sure how or if one has to change it. Maybe just let it survive.
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 158Member
    edited March 17
    1. But then leveling it up is pointless.

2. EBarbs' problem is its rarity. The best change for it is changing its rarity and buffing it.

3. Freeze is a problematic card that does "everything" and is so against the heart of the game. It basically forces you to overcommit, something that you must NOT do in any match.
    For example: Hog-Freeze. No matter how much you overcommit, your tower will take damage because of Hog's higher-than-average Hitpoints/Elixir. Then the Freeze user will simply Fireball the cards that you used to overcommit, killing them. I'd prefer if they just remove it from the game.
    I know they won't, but your changes in my opinion does not help. The problem is its cost, not entirely damage. My personal balance changes would be to increase the cost to 5 Elixir and to buff the duration to 5 seconds.

4. I would prefer a major damage buff (like 25%) so that it can compete with the 2-cost cards.

5. I'd personally prefer if they rework it like this:
    They make a maximum damage for the Lightning, like 2394 for Level 9. Then the 3 bolts will deal maximum of 798 damage each, again, at Level 9. Then, the remaining damage will be dealt in the fourth lightning bolt (again, with maximum of 798 damage at Level 9).
    For example, the first bolt deals 598 damage to a Wizard, then the second bolt deals 798 damage to an Executioner, then, the third bolt deals 510 damage to a Flying Machine. Because the damage isn't 2394 yet, there will be a fourth bolt that deals the remaining 488 damage.
    Also, any Tower damage will be counted as full damage. For example, the Lightning will deal a reduced damage of 280 to towers. That 280 damage will be counted as the full damage. If the fourth bolt deals damage to a tower, the remaining damage will still be reduced.
    This way, it will deal less damage, but the damage will be more efficiently dealt.

6. I like it. Even though Fireballies wouldn't like it, I'd personally prefer mirroring troops with 1 Elixir less at 1 Level lower rather than 1 Elixir more at 1 level higher. Then, the Level 14 is not needed anymore. Also, imagine a 0-Elixir troop. That would be very cool.

7. My personal balance changes would be to provide a burst heal that heals double the healing per second, then increase the duration to 3 seconds, and increase the cost to 2 Elixir.

8. The uniqueness of win conditions is that all of them are hard to either kill before reaching the tower (Hog Rider, Giant, Royal Giant, Golem, Balloon) or are hard to reduce their dealt damage to the tower (Graveyard, Lava Hound, Goblin Barrel, also Golem). Your balance change does not help in reaching the condition above. My personal balance changes would be to increase the Hitpoints by 50%, then reduce the damage by either 15% or 20%.

9. Zappies: Agreed

10. Three Musketeers: Disagreed. No matter what, 12 Elixir value for the cost of 9 is just overpowered. 9 Elixir is balanced IF they keep together, but splitting them, is a big NO. It'd be better if they reapply the invisible 11th Elixir slot.

11. Bomb Tower is now decent. I use it in my Mortar deck. It just needs a minor 5sec lifetime increase I think.

12. Electro Dragon is actually pretty powerful, especially if tanked. Its power probably hasn't reached the players, so a minor change of hit speed buff to 2sec and faster bolt spread speed is enough.

13. Bomber's problem is that cheap spells kill it too easily. No matter how much you increase its offensive capabilities, it's pointless if it gets killed too easily. My personal balance changes would be to reduce Hitpoints by 45% (to 174 from 317), then add a 199 Shield, and reduce Damage by 5%. That way, it would be harder to kill.

I think I'm going to post my own personal balance changes idea in this forum.
  • realy0_realy0_ Posts: 17Member
    killer wrote: »
    I’ll be the oddball and say I don’t like most of them. But I’m of the philosophy that there is too much spell reliance in the game.

I don’t think rage needs anything, it was buffed a while ago and I think it does its job fine.
    "buffed a while ago" what ? Imo, last time rage itself was touched, it was in end 2016 so please don't spread misinformation. i suggest this because even in noobs deck, no ones uses it mostly because it was moved wayy higher in the arena.

Ebarbs- If this is a buff then hell no. All the overleveled ebarb players would increase. The card needs to be retired, if anything. Imo any change to the card begins with changing its rarity.
    I also find this card annoying too. This was meant to be a rework, not a buff rework.

changing his rarity would do nothing, it's the system of leveling which is broken. (commons are easier to level than rares...) The problem of overleveling came from here.

Freeze... a card even SC says isn’t right. People were not happy with the recent freeze meta.
    in grand challenges, this card is dead, you just could look at the winrates in any stats website.

Heal- it was literally just buffed. I don’t think they’re going to do it again, and again, for me, spells need dampening not buffing.
    Decreasing Elixir cost doesn't mean all the time a buff, the recent rework wasn't even a buff. A rework try to change the way how the card is played.

Arrows... I don’t necessarily hate an arrow rework. But the thing is, there are what, over 90 cards now? All cards will never be equal.
    That's why i'm suggesting a change.

Lightning.., I would nerf lightning to its condition before the last buff.
    I find lightning to be balanced, i just think it's too similar to rocket.

Mirror... i think you would kill it. The +1 lvl is part of its appeal.
    How you can kill a dead card ? Imo in reality, the +1 level is not that impactful as you think compared to a no-mirrored card. It's almost a 1 elixir decrease buff in practice.

I think that pekka has been due for a nerf for about a year now. Its everywhere including 1 in every 4 grand challenge decks.
    That's subjective, i don't see one in a few week on 4600
    3m doesn’t need to be revived.
    ok
    undo the buff to xbow
    this is not a thread nerf

IDProG wrote: »
    1. But then leveling it up is pointless. I was probably unclear, the leveling would affect the added damage of the new mecanic

2. EBarbs' problem is its rarity. The best change for it is changing its rarity and buffing it. Stated in killer's post, changing the rarity is not a solution.

5. Freeze is a problematic card that does "everything" and is so against the heart of the game. It basically forces you to overcommit, something that you must NOT do in any match.
    For example: Hog-Freeze. No matter how much you overcommit, your tower will take damage because of Hog's higher-than-average Hitpoints/Elixir. Then the Freeze user will simply Fireball the cards that you used to overcommit, killing them. I'd prefer if they just remove it from the game.
    I know they won't, but your changes in my opinion does not help. The problem is its cost, not entirely damage. My personal balance changes would be to increase the cost to 5 Elixir and to buff the duration to 5 seconds.
    This card is still a heavy card for it's cost, i still belive that this card could be balanced at 4 elixir

4. I would prefer a major damage buff (like 25%) so that it can compete with the 2-cost cards.
    Eeh, not bad, it could be interesting on wizards

6. I'd personally prefer if they rework it like this:
    They make a maximum damage for the Lightning, like 2394 for Level
    10. Then the 3 bolts will deal maximum of 798 damage each, again, at Level 9. Then, the remaining damage will be dealt in the fourth lightning bolt (again, with maximum of 798 damage at Level 9).
    For example, the first bolt deals 598 damage to a Wizard, then the second bolt deals 798 damage to an Executioner, then, the third bolt deals 510 damage to a Flying Machine. Because the damage isn't 2394 yet, there will be a fourth bolt that deals the remaining 488 damage.
    Also, any Tower damage will be counted as full damage. For example, the Lightning will deal a reduced damage of 280 to towers. That 280 damage will be counted as the full damage. If the fourth bolt deals damage to a tower, the remaining damage will still be reduced.
    This way, it will deal less damage, but the damage will be more efficiently dealt.
    This sound like too complicated and a major buff if you optimize the damage.

6. I like it. Even though Fireballies wouldn't like it, I'd personally prefer mirroring troops with 1 Elixir less at 1 Level lower rather than 1 Elixir more at 1 level higher. Then, the Level 14 is not needed anymore. Also, imagine a 0-Elixir troop. That would be very cool.
    Thanks you

8. My personal balance changes would be to provide a burst heal that heals double the healing per second, then increase the duration to 3 seconds, and increase the cost to 2 Elixir. A second rework seem pointless imo

8. The uniqueness of win conditions is that all of them are hard to either kill before reaching the tower (Hog Rider, Giant, Royal Giant, Golem, Balloon) or are hard to reduce their dealt damage to the tower (Graveyard, Lava Hound, Goblin Barrel, also Golem). Your balance change does not help in reaching the condition above. My personal balance changes would be to increase the Hitpoints by 50%, then reduce the damage by either 15% or 20%.
    Your buff would make them viable but probably not in grand challenges as it wouldn't make it punishing for the opponent.

10. Zappies: Agreed

10. Three Musketeers: Disagreed. No matter what, 12 Elixir value for the cost of 9 is just overpowered. 9 Elixir is balanced IF they keep together, but splitting them, is a big NO. It'd be better if they reapply the invisible 11th Elixir slot.
    fair enough
    11. Bomb Tower is now decent. I use it in my Mortar deck. It just needs a minor 5sec lifetime increase I think.
    This buff was mostly for the barbarians interactions, they seem to have a really high win rate right now.
    12. Electro Dragon is actually pretty powerful, especially if tanked. Its power probably hasn't reached the players, so a minor change of hit speed buff to 2sec and faster bolt spread speed is enough.

13. Bomber's problem is that cheap spells kill it too easily. No matter how much you increase its offensive capabilities, it's pointless if it gets killed too easily. My personal balance changes would be to reduce Hitpoints by 45% (to 174 from 317), then add a 199 Shield, and reduce Damage by 5%. That way, it would be harder to kill.
    meh but a bit complicated too
    I think I'm going to post my own personal balance changes idea in this forum.

ok