Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

10 Cards I'd Like to See Some Changes of (April 2019)

I'm going to make this a monthly "series" every 15 days (half a month) after the official balance change, where I will post 10 cards that I think should be changed in the next balance update. Enjoy!

1. Skeletons
- Reduce Hit Speed to 1.1sec (from 1sec) (Also affects skeletons from Skeleton Army, Witch, Tombstone, and Graveyard)
- Increase Skeleton Count to 4 (from 3)
This balance is so that 1 Elixir 4 Skeletons can be usable again without being overpowered. Also, the change in hit speed is so that Skeletons can match Bats.

2. Skeleton Army
Increase Skeleton Count to 17 (from 15)
Minor buff to Skeleton Army so that the Skeletons can deal more damage before getting Zap-ed/Log-ed.

3. Witch
- Reduce Hitpoints by 8% (to 724 from 787)
- Reduce Spawn Speed to 7sec (from 5sec)
- Increase Spawn Count to 4 (from 3)
- Reduce Elixir Cost to 4 (from 5)
Witch is decent in ladder, but she is rather weak in Grand Challenges. The reason for this is that she's Elixir-heavy for a support troop. Her spawn and herself are also susceptible to The Log. This change will match her with Night Witch, while at the same time making her less Elixir-heavy for a support troop.
Extra Note: The spawn count and spawn speed change are actually a 4.8% nerf in total.

4. Tombstone
-Increase Spawn Speed to 3sec (from 3.1sec)
-Increase Death Spawn Count to 4 (from 3)
This will make Tombstone spawn 2 more Skeletons, compensating for the Skeleton nerf.

5. Graveyard
Increase Duration to 11sec (from 10sec)
Same as Tombstone, Graveyard will spawn 2 more Skeletons to compensate for the Skeleton nerf.

6. Bomber
- Reduce Hitpoints by 45% (to 174 from 317)
- Add 199 Shield
- Reduce Damage by 5% (to 258 from 271)
This rework is to make Bomber thicker and more viable to use. I keep the Hitpoints 174 so that it can survive a Zap or Snowball. 5% damage nerf is to compensate for the quite a lot of total Hitpoints buff.

7. Heal
- Add Burst Heal that heals 130 Hitpoints
- Increase duration to 4sec (from 2sec)
- Increase Elixir Cost to 2 (from 1)
Heal is not doing what is intended. It cannot even fully heal Goblins and Minions. It also doesn't synergize well with any cycle decks. Supercell nerfed Heal to indirectly nerf 3M. Now that they decided to nerf 3M, it's time to buff Heal back.

8. Mirror
- Mirrored cards cost the same
- Mirrored cards are 1 Level lower than the Mirror level
Mirror has a low usage rate, simply because the Mirrored cards are more expensive to deploy, making it not suitable for support troops like Witches, Musketeers, and Wizards, as Mirroring them will make the cost very high. Because of this, Mirror is only used by bait decks with cheap troops like Princess and Goblin Barrel. By this change, I hope Mirror will be more viable for heavier beatdown and control decks.

9. Wall Breakers
- Increase Hit Speed to 1.1sec (from 1.2sec)
- Increase Hitpoints by 50% (to 412 from 275)
- Reduce Damage by 10% (to 360 from 400)
Win-Condition cards' power is either they are hard to kill before reaching Tower (Golem, Giant, Hog Rider, Balloon) or their damage are hard to mitigate (Graveyard, Goblin Barrel, also Golem). This Hitpoints buff will make Wall Breakers more like a win-condition card. The damage nerf is to compensate for the huge Hitpoints buff.
The Hit Speed buff is to match Wall Breakers with Skeletons.

10. Elixir Collector
Increase Hitpoints by 6% (to 941 from 888)
Supercell nerfed Elixir Collector in attempt to weaken 3M decks. Now that 3M has been nerfed, it's time to buff Elixir Collector back.

Tell me what you think in the comments below.

Thank you for reading!.

Comments

• brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 644Member
    I think heal was correctly thought out, and so was wall breakers.

I don't really like the other ones though.

all the skeleton reworks were not needed.

the elixir collector's buff is too much. maybe 3% for the pump.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/7467/brainiacboys-ama#latest

check out my AMA!!!
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,453Moderator
    IDProG wrote: »
    1. Skeletons
    - Reduce Hit Speed to 1.1sec (from 1sec) (Also affects skeletons from Skeleton Army, Witch, Tombstone, and Graveyard)
    - Increase Skeleton Count to 4 (from 3)
    This balance is so that 1 Elixir 4 Skeletons can be usable again without being overpowered. Also, the change in hit speed is so that Skeletons can match Bats.

In my opinion, this seems like an unnecessary change. Skeletons are one of the finest card in the game, like Hunter. Which is not popular but very viable. This also applies to Tombstone, Graveyard, and Skeleton Army.

On top of that, Skeletons are also one of the most balanced unit in the game. Being priceless as one, but gathers more value as the count rises up gradually.

I hope this represent my opinion towards Tombstone, Graveyard, and Skeleton Army. As i will not comment any further each on their respective changes.
    3. Witch
    - Reduce Hitpoints by 8% (to 724 from 787)
    - Reduce Spawn Speed to 7sec (from 5sec)
    - Increase Spawn Count to 4 (from 3)
    - Reduce Elixir Cost to 4 (from 5)

Cost decrease was one of the best solution to improve Witch's overall performance in Challenges. But it needs to be done wisely.

Overall, the way you balance her is good. Just exclude the Skeleton change and reduce the hitpoints by 13% instead of 8%. With this change, PEKKA can now one-shot her but keeping her overall interactions with spells the same.
    6. Bomber
    - Reduce Hitpoints by 45% (to 174 from 317)
    - Add 199 Shield
    - Reduce Damage by 5% (to 258 from 271)

Not a fan of giving Bomber a shield, as it's one of starting cards in the game and might be too "strategically complex".

If anything, imo Bomber's attack mechanic should be improved. It has been a major problem with Bomber on it's interaction as a glass cannon. Either it's too slow or the damage isn't worth the deal.
    7. Heal
    - Add Burst Heal that heals 130 Hitpoints
    - Increase duration to 4sec (from 2sec)
    - Increase Elixir Cost to 2 (from 1)

Heal was changed to the current state it is right now due to being able to reverse damage that was done (when Heal is viable). So before Heal became 1 elixir, we see a fundamentally broken card with a broken concept.

I prefer that they make Heal more reactive, such as making it instant. Of course, with the same total of Healing.
    8. Mirror
    - Mirrored cards cost the same
    - Mirrored cards are 1 Level lower than the Mirror level

Not a fan of this change as well. Mirror was supposed to be used as a suprise punishment card when played correctly. With this change, it's a more open card like Rage (also weaker) and will be less ladder-friendly.
    9. Wall Breakers
    - Increase Hit Speed to 1.1sec (from 1.2sec)
    - Increase Hitpoints by 50% (to 412 from 275)
    - Reduce Damage by 10% (to 360 from 400)

Good change. I can see that this change will bring Wall Breakers to being viable and healthy. Just not that good for degisn-wise.
    10. Elixir Collector
    Increase Hitpoints by 6% (to 941 from 888)

Elixir Collector isn't just used in 3M. And is currently viable. So it isn't a wise move imo.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 158Member
    After I read your comments, I decided to re-test Skeletons and yeah, I was wrong about it needing a rework. To be honest, I really liked the 4 Skeletons time, but it was probably because the card had too much value for the Cost, so I thought that nerfing the Skeleton would help 4 Skeletons to become good again.

So yes, it's my mistake. I promise I will do better next month.

Despite that, I still wish for the other change suggestions.