Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
WARNING! The Rage category can contain profanity. It is not suggested for children under the age of 13.

Stop Asking 3M to be 9 Elixir

IDProGIDProG Posts: 145Member
edited March 23 in RAGE!
I'm very sick of people asking 3M nerf to be reverted, making it back to 9 Elixir.

For those of you who ask for this, here are 3 words for you:

PLEASE STOP NOW!!!

I will give you now reasons why 3M SHOULD NOT be 9 Elixir again, like, EVER:

1) If you watch Clash Royale YouTuber, especially the recent (March) interview with Seth by CWA and OJ, you'll know that

The problem with 3M IS NOT THE COST! The problem is with THE ELIXIR LEAKAGE!

The leakage indirectly increases the 3M cost even more.

2) Let me "teach" you some bit of math:
3M consists of 3 Musketeers that, each, costs 4 Elixir. If you don't know yet, clumped troops have lower value (both individual and collective) than separated ones, because splash troops kill clumped troops easier.

For example, Royal Recruits. Their stats are actually not so impressive. With total Hitpoints of each Royal Recruit being similar to a Barbarian, and his DPS being much weaker, if deployed with Barbarians formation, Royal Recruits would cost 5 Elixir to be balanced. Do you know why it was OP, even with 6 Elixir cost? BECAUSE THEY'RE SEPARATED! They are deployed in a long line formation instead of clumped together.

3) Now, using number 2, I will calculate 3M possible values for you.
Possibility #1: Clumped together
If clumped together, 3M is dangerous offensively, but it's MUCH EASIER to be killed, especially with Valkyrie, Mega Knight, and spells. Because of that, the value of 3M is reduced, making it about balanced in 10 Elixir (and a bit strong but not overpowered at 9 Elixir).

Possibility #2: Split
This is the REAL problem of 3M. Because they're separated with 1-2 formation in each lane, their values aren't reduced as much as when they're clumped together. The lone Musketeer has a full 4 Elixir value.
Look, no matter how you try to tweak the Musketeer stat, even after considering the number 2 factor, 2 MUSKETEERS WILL NEVER HAVE A VALUE AS LOW AS 5 ELIXIR WITHOUT HURTING THE LONE MUSKETEER HERSELF. That's why 9 Elixir is out of question.
Because of this problem, 3M players will always have some Elixir advantage every time they split the 3M and, unless you bring cards like Miner or Goblin Barrel to counter the Elixir Collector and the spell bait cards, you will NEVER be able to keep up with the gradually increasing Elixir advantage that they're getting. That's exactly why it was OP at 9 Elixir. Of course the game would not be fun if literally everyone brings Miner or Goblin Barrel.

4) If you think the 3 explanation above aren't enough, I HAVE PLAYED 3M DECKS. Even until now, I'm still playing a 3M deck from CWA (the 7.0 Elixir deck impossible challenge) in Normal Deck Custom Tournaments and Classic Challenges to train myself not to overcommit.

The Musketeers shit on tanks like PEKKA and Mega Knight (from afar), glass cannons, semi tanks, medium sized swarms, pretty much everything. At Double Elixir, split 3M just behind the previously deployed Golem, 1 to the Golem and 2 to the opposite lane, add Wizard behind the Golem and Mega Knight at the front of the 2 Musketeers, and that's a guaranteed tower(s) destruction.

Keep in mind that this is the SEVERELY WEAKENED VERSION OF 3M, the one that always leaks Elixir aka the current 3M. Imagine if it was the 9 Elixir one.

So please, just stop.

If you still aren't convinced with my explanation, let me know in the comments below. I'll answer your concerns with 3M every time I visit this web. You may swear, since this is RAGE!!! , but still remember the forum rules.

IDProG out.

Comments

• killerkiller Posts: 1,163Member
    I agree. On top of the above, it had its place as highest winrate card for like 2 years running. Its time to give it a break.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    Leaking elixir is the issue, but we'll see if SC comes up with anything creative (because they're not adding back the 11th elixir).

But, they might revert them back to 9 if the card is still weak. They can do that because now Battle Ram isn't a lightning rod, plus the Barbarians and Bomb Tower are better counters.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 145Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    because they're not adding back the 11th elixir.

They're not? That's unfortunate.

Do you know why?
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,163Member
    Leaking elixir is the issue, but we'll see if SC comes up with anything creative (because they're not adding back the 11th elixir).

But, they might revert them back to 9 if the card is still weak. They can do that because now Battle Ram isn't a lightning rod, plus the Barbarians and Bomb Tower are better counters.

The ram was never the issue (that is, when I played against 3M ram was rarely used as a lightning rod). I agree with the OP above that it was simply two much value getting 12 elixir worth of cards for 9). 3M was successful without the B-ram anyways. I saw it work well in giant decks, golem, etc.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,420Moderator
    edited April 2

They could revert them back to 9 elixir with this one change. Whenever you try to use 3M, they will only appear once the elixir bar produces one elixir (not deployed).

With this change, it would feel like you have waited for a 10 elixir card but in reality you only spent 9 elixir. This should fix "the delay" problem of using 3M without fully reverting the 3M nerf or againts with the team's statement.

note: elixir naturally produced every 2.6 seconds. In 2x, it would be 1.3 secs. So 3M would have 2.6 sec delay before appearing in the Arena after placing them, and the delay will be halved in 2x elixir.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    IDProG wrote: »
    because they're not adding back the 11th elixir.

They're not? That's unfortunate.

Do you know why?

They have not been specific, "multiple reasons." It probably is a buff to Beatdown decks (having three, almost four elixir to defend after playing a golem if the enemy rushes you is more efficient than two, maybe three elixir)

Supercell plans to put them back at 9 when they buff more counters and possibly add a new card or two that counters 3M
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 145Member
    edited April 4
    Honestly, I would be REALLY happy if they actually reverted 3M nerf. My all-powerful multi-archetype deck will be even more devastating. But I care more about balances than my own selfish reasoning.
    They have not been specific, "multiple reasons." It probably is a buff to Beatdown decks (having three, almost four elixir to defend after playing a golem if the enemy rushes you is more efficient than two, maybe three elixir)

I think it would be a buff to everyone, even though beatdown would probably enjoy it the most.
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    They could revert them back to 9 elixir with this one change. Whenever you try to use 3M, they will only appear once the elixir bar produces one elixir (not deployed).

With this change, it would feel like you have waited for a 10 elixir card but in reality you only spent 9 elixir. This should fix "the delay" problem of using 3M without fully reverting the 3M nerf or againts with the team's statement.

note: elixir naturally produced every 2.6 seconds. In 2x, it would be 1.3 secs. So 3M would have 2.6 sec delay before appearing in the Arena after placing them, and the delay will be halved in 2x elixir.

I don't think that makes any much of a difference than reverting back to 9 Elixir. People played 3M when they almost had 10 Elixir anyway. Maybe make it still costing 10 Elixir, but allow 3M to be deployed when we have 9 Elixir. So, 3M can be deployed when we have 9 Elixir, but will not be deployed until we pay 10 Elixir. That would solve the leakage issue.