Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Lavahound & Loon

Do you think they need some tweaks? I do, I think Hound needs a health buff and slight damage buff. Keep pups at same damage but quicker hit speed. There also way easy to distract. Loon mainly the speed needs increased also and fix when almost at tower and drop a building type card in center it will retarget and go across the feild. Not fair at all in my opinion. Makes some matches impossible for me to even get a tower half way down.

Comments

• brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 591Member
    I don't think lavahound or balloon needs a buff right now. They are OP, not UP. Your ideas are not great.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 145Member
    edited April 2
    I disagree with both of you. Lavahound and Balloon are neither OP nor UP. They are fine, just like how Golem is.

What makes them powerful is that people refuse to add good counters for them.

For example, buildings, especially defensive ones, counter Golem hard. The building will separate the Golem from the supports, making them easier to kill. Poison shuts down Night Witch's Inferno block. Tank-and-spank clears the job quickly, preventing Baby Dragon from touching any swarms. But people refuse to add buildings. You know that when there is an act, there are consequences that come from it.

Lava Hound and Balloon are the same.
    Lava Hound: Just ignore it until before it spits the Pups, then Tornado or Arrow or Poison or Snowball, or just ignore the untanked Pups if you want to reserve some Elixir advantage.
    Balloon: Inferno Tower, Inferno Dragon, Tesla, Electro Wizard, Electro Dragon, Tornado, any air-targeting troops that deal at least 200 DPS (without Tower) or 100 DPS (with Tower).

If you refuse to add any of them, you have to accept the consequences of having bad matchups against the decks.

Lava Hound doesn't need damage buff. It is a tank, after all, not a damage dealer.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    Lava Hound certainly doesn't need a buff, with Lava Clone being popular in the meta. Balloon isn't overpowered, but it is an easy card to play. If it needed a nerf I might increase its sight range.

Possibly adding another air card to counter balloon/LH or even a new air win condition could be beneficial for the game
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,420Moderator
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Possibly adding another air card to counter balloon/LH or even a new air win condition could be beneficial for the game

Or buffing the Crown Tower's retargeting speed. It's one of the reasons why swarm based decks dominates in most METAs. Lavaloon seems to take advantage of that and what @IDProG just said.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 315Member
    I practise 2.9 x-bow with tesla but also with knight not with ice-golem. I lose to lavahound, that's frustrating. The last game was only possible to win because the opening move of my opponent wasn't good and I got the first tower immediately.
    At the end there were 4 Lavahounds, because of clone against me. The tesla shoots very slowly, it cannot kill the pups fast enough. The same for graveyard, I thought tesla is the hard counter but nothing happens because of retargeting. And even with this cheap deck I don't have fireball at hand to shoot on the pups. Maybe Ice-bow is better for me.
    I always think that a deck is strong, and if I start to play that deck it is very weak and needs a lot of pracitise. Very depressing.
    By the way, if you say Lava Clone is OP, then I agree. Its counters are literally only spells. No troop can counter Lava Clone.

Clone is quite OP in Lava Hound decks.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    IDProG wrote: »
    By the way, if you say Lava Clone is OP, then I agree. Its counters are literally only spells. No troop can counter Lava Clone.

Clone is quite OP in Lava Hound decks.

Clone is very vulnerable to spells though, especially Tornado. Splash units like Executioner that have piercing splash can do better than say a Wizard or Baby Dragon.

I don't think Lava Clone is OP, just strong in the meta.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 710Member
    Lavaloon and Lavaclone are very strange deck types. They may be some sort of beatdown archetype but decks that work well against Golem/RG/Giant do not necessarily work at all against Lavaloon or Lavaclone. At the same time, some easy match ups for most people may be very difficult for Lavahound players.

Lavahound decks are just completely different from any other decks.

As a meta XBow, PEKKA or RG player, we may feel like god against every deck, except we suddenly becomes completely hopeless when it is a Lavaclone opponent.

As a Lavaclone player, while beating every popular meta deck, somehow there is no way to beat a arena 9 noob with a million splash in the deck.

Personally, I prefer to see fewer decks that require very specific defense. I do not want to be forced to bring a Tornado spell just because there are too many lavahound/clone/loon.

So no buff please, there are enough lavahound decks around in challenges.

I prefer to see a low use rate for strange deck types
    ferrell34
    edited April 4
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Clone is very vulnerable to spells though, especially Tornado. Splash units like Executioner that have piercing splash can do better than say a Wizard or Baby Dragon.

I don't think Lava Clone is OP, just strong in the meta.

Not everyone uses Tornado, and not everyone uses spells specifically to counter Lava Clone. Not to mention the rest of the cards there are spell bait cards, to bait Zap, Poison, and Fireball (Bats, Flying Machine, Barbarians). Since Lava Clone literally can only be countered by spells, non-spell, 1-spell, and possibly 2-spell deck will lose against it.
    The counter that I know (without a spell) is to forcefully kill the Lava Hound first by tanking Flying Machine and Baby Dragon and Bats with something like Giant
    or
    push aggressively in the other lane while tanking the Lava Clone push using Giant, gambling on who gets the 3-Crown first. <- This is something that I hate, hate, hate so much. This is a match, not a race. It's about attacking and defending, not about who gets to achieve something first.