Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Have You Ever Created an Actually Good Off-Meta Deck?

I'm in search of off-meta decks. I love creating and playing with them, especially if they're high-skill decks.

Have you made any of them?

If you have, would you mind sharing it, so that I could use it as a reference?

Don't worry, I never fully copy a deck (except 2.6 Hog Cycle, I have to admit that, even though I swap Log with Zap).

Siege, non-bait decks are more appreciated, but any deck is welcome.

Comments

• kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 315Member
    I don't know if that's off meta

Pekka - Balloon - Wizard - Barb Barrel
    Lighning - Bats - Goblin Gang - Over Leveled Zap 13

It is a deck to climb to 4600 trophies.

Zap can be exchanged with Tornado.
    Goblin Gang is still a question mark and not perfect.
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,420Moderator
    Good timing. Recently, i just created a deck to improve my skills. It can defend alot of decks pretty well (even PEKKA Ram and Lavaclone) but it is rather high skill capped and might end up in alot of draws.

Here it is:
    1. Wall Breakers
    2. Skeleton Army
    3. Bomb Tower
    4. Dark Prince
    5. Dart Goblin
    6. Bats
    7. Giant Snowball
    8. Miner
    Elixir rate: 3.0

This deck is lowkey Miner Control with heavy bait elements.

As you can see, it contains alot of "off-META" cards such as Wall Breakers, Dark Prince, etc. But believe me, they're legit good. Maybe not as good as the META cards, still it is not underwhelming as you thought. In fact, it could well caught your opponent off-guard.

Right now, my winrates with this deck is barely above 50%. Had around 22 matches with it.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,974Moderator
    I had, but it was a long time ago, so now is not really efective.

The deck was named Giant Larry controller and was like this:

Giant Skeleton
    Flying Machine
    Bats
    Tesla
    Miner
    Zap
    Guards
    Tornado

It was effective for me because I reached 4300 with that deck with level 10-11 cards and king tower level 10
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 145Member
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    I don't know if that's off meta

Pekka - Balloon - Wizard - Barb Barrel
    Lighning - Bats - Goblin Gang - Over Leveled Zap 13

It is a deck to climb to 4600 trophies.

Zap can be exchanged with Tornado.
    Goblin Gang is still a question mark and not perfect.

I don't think that's off-meta. It looks like a variant of Balloon Control deck.
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    Good timing. Recently, i just created a deck to improve my skills. It can defend alot of decks pretty well (even PEKKA Ram and Lavaclone) but it is rather high skill capped and might end up in alot of draws.

Here it is:
    1. Wall Breakers
    2. Skeleton Army
    3. Bomb Tower
    4. Dark Prince
    5. Dart Goblin
    6. Bats
    7. Giant Snowball
    8. Miner

As you can see, it contains alot of "off-META" cards such as Wall Breakers, Dark Prince, etc. But believe me, they're legit good. Maybe not as good as the META cards, still it is not underwhelming as you thought. In fact, it could well caught your opponent off-guard.

Right now, my winrates with this deck is barely above 50%. Had around 22 matches with it.

So fragile air defenses. I can see why it's high-skill.
    I had, but it was a long time ago, so now is not really efective.

The deck was named Giant Larry controller and was like this:

Giant Skeleton
    Flying Machine
    Bats
    Tesla
    Miner
    Zap
    Guards
    Tornado

It was effective for me because I reached 4300 with that deck with level 10-11 cards and king tower level 10

Nice deck, but I don't like using Giant Skeleton. I just don't like it.

All 3 of your decks are control decks. Unfortunately, I'm not that good in using control decks. :(
    I want to share my off-meta deck.

I call it:

Giant 3M Multi-Archetype deck.
    Giant
    3M
    PEKKA
    Mega Knight
    Wizard
    Electro Wizard
    Minion Horde
    Barbarian Hut

Like the name, this deck can be more than one archetype.

It can be:
    1. Beatdown, using Giant

2. Control, using PEKKA and/or Mega Knight for a counterpush after countering Hog or Miner or Gob Barrel

3. Dual-Lane, if your opponent is clueless enough to push the opposite lane after you deploy Giant at the back, you can defend with PEKKA or Mega Knight, then split 3M in the middle.

4. Bridge Spam, when you know your opponent is Elixir-exhausted, you can just spam the bridge and eventually win.

5. Bait, using Minion Horde, Wizard, Electro Wizard, and 3M, you can bait spells like Fireball, Lightning, Poison, and Rocket.

This deck takes a concept of turning tower damage and cyclability into value, then overflow the opponent with that value.

This deck requires a high skill in decision-making.

This deck destroyed pretty much everything in the past. But, this deck kept being nerfed over time, with the 3M and Barbarians nerf (and I believe PEKKA is going to be nerfed as well). Now, this deck is just not as good as it was in the past.
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 315Member
    I tried your Giant 3M Deck on ladder but only with level 11 and some level 12 cards, it's impossible to win. 3M is only level 11, so one fireball and they are dead.
    My deck is stronger for ladder even though also a bit underleveled.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,070Member
    I will submit mine.

Arrows
    Minions
    Archers
    Bomber
    Knight
    Fireball
    Musketeer
    Giant

This is literally the Starter deck except it is completed with 8 cards. It is well balanced and really easy to use. It is also by far the easiest deck to maximise. By the time you face overleveled opponents, you will be actually outlevelling them as opposed to a regular deck.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
    edited April 8
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    I tried your Giant 3M Deck on ladder but only with level 11 and some level 12 cards, it's impossible to win. 3M is only level 11, so one fireball and they are dead.
    My deck is stronger for ladder even though also a bit underleveled.

It's high skill for a reason, bud.

And also, I forgot to say this, but my deck is HIGHLY DEPENDENT ON LEVEL. Try not to play it underleveled on ladder.

Remember as well that the deck is currently not at its prime, at least not anymore, because of the many nerfs.
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 591Member
    here is mine

zap
    knight
    cannon
    minion horde
    royal hogs
    lightning
    princess
    electro wizard

could substitute knight for baby dragon
    Giorgakis
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,420Moderator
    IDProG wrote: »

Here it is:
    1. Wall Breakers
    2. Skeleton Army
    3. Bomb Tower
    4. Dark Prince
    5. Dart Goblin
    6. Bats
    7. Giant Snowball
    8. Miner

Bomb Tower can be used as a mini Giant Skeleton for air units. The death damage is heavily underrated. It could even take out a Balloon with the help of Snowball. Though, it's pretty hard to pull off unless you practice alot.

I'm also getting better with this deck. 30 Matches in with 60% WR. As someone have mentioned before, it seems that off-META decks are strong mostly through skills. If it isn't, then that's a META deck for sure.
    EarthThis signature is my city

Here it is:
    1. Wall Breakers
    2. Skeleton Army
    3. Bomb Tower
    4. Dark Prince
    5. Dart Goblin
    6. Bats
    7. Giant Snowball
    8. Miner

Bomb Tower can be used as a mini Giant Skeleton for air units. The death damage is heavily underrated. It could even take out a Balloon with the help of Snowball. Though, it's pretty hard to pull off unless you practice alot.

I'm also getting better with this deck. 30 Matches in with 60% WR. As someone have mentioned before, it seems that off-META decks are strong mostly through skills. If it isn't, then that's a META deck for sure.

If that "someone" that you're referring is someone in this thread, then it's me, lol.

Anyway,
    There is a meta deck that requires a high skill. That's Hog Cycle deck. That's why I like it as it is.
    ferrell34
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator

Here it is:
    1. Wall Breakers
    2. Skeleton Army
    3. Bomb Tower
    4. Dark Prince
    5. Dart Goblin
    6. Bats
    7. Giant Snowball
    8. Miner

Anyway,
    There is a meta deck that requires a high skill. That's Hog Cycle deck. That's why I like it as it is.

I have to disagree, cycle cards imo are not skillful. They get a lot of value in their defense for easy positive elixir trades. Sure an inexperienced player may not be good at kiting or maximizing value or the best at defense, but an average player who consistently defends well is very hard to crack.

It annoys me when their defense is able to stop my "counterpush" easily, just cycle back to musketeer or Knight, and then they have Hog again and my counter is not in my hand.

X-Bow too, I don't think it should only be viable in using basically the cheapest deck possible.

Personally I don't think a lot of decks take skill to play, at least in the sense of deploying cards. Most (meta) decks don't have a very hard learning curve. Real skill is counting elixir, making good decisions, balancing solid defense with pressuring offense, knowing the opponent's hand, getting the most value out of cards, and even creating your own well-rounded deck.

Games (at even levels) tend to be settled more by which deck counters the other, as opposed to actual "skill" unless there is a significant difference.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
    edited April 13
    Ice Golem is cycle decks' key card. It's what makes cycle decks so strong. I personally think that its Hitpoints are a bit too much. Reducing even a few of the Hitpoints would change a LOT of interactions.

Also, there is one more skill other than what you said: Positioning. Right positioning would create a huge difference.

I agree that the reason why some decks are off-meta in the first place because they are hard to play, which makes casual players refuse playing them.
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 591Member
    here is mine

zap
    knight
    cannon
    minion horde
    royal hogs
    lightning
    princess
    electro wizard

could substitute knight for baby dragon

saw @Giorgakis reaction lol

I guess it is possible to use another defensive building like tesla or inferno tower instead of cannon.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • _PaR_a_DoX__PaR_a_DoX_ Posts: 55Member

Here it is:
    1. Wall Breakers
    2. Skeleton Army
    3. Bomb Tower
    4. Dark Prince
    5. Dart Goblin
    6. Bats
    7. Giant Snowball
    8. Miner

I would prob substitute bomb tower with tesla if it were to counter lava pups.. But then again the bomb tower has death damage..
    sKpiIvo.png[/img]