Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] April 2019 Update Thread

MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
edited April 14 in General Discussion
The next CR update is right around the corner, and I will continue to add info as soon as I can see it. Leave your speculations, guesses, thoughts, etc. below! The hype is real.

What we know about the update

-New UI {WHWBUT, March 22}
-New card(s) {WHWBUT, March 22}
-Streamlined Ladder progression system {WHWBUT, April 5}
-New game modes {WHWBUT, April 5}
-More Star Levels {Reddit comment reply}
-See when your clan members were last online {Reddit comment reply}
-TV Royale on Sunday {Twitter}
-Earthquake Spell? {Twitter}

What is not coming?

-Clan wars overhaul {WHWBUT, April 5}
-See through text {Reddit comment reply}

Images from SC

TV Royale Episode

Trophy Road Rewards

This is very similar to Brawl Stars' trophy road, where you gain rewards once you hit a certain trophy level. They are pretty lucrative, for example once you hit 4K you get multiple guaranteed legendaries.

4K+ Ladder

There are now "Trophy Gates." You cannot drop lower (either intentionally or by tilting) than the most recent arena you are at, meaning you are virtually guaranteed to move up in trophies. Also, in Leagues, you lose a lot less trophies for losses, like maybe 8 for a loss, especially earlier in the leagues. The season draft chest has been removed. However, you can continuously earn the trophy road prizes each season even if you earned them last season, so you can potentially get double the rewards the draft chest offered.

New Game Modes

Elixir Capture: There are two one-elixir droplets on the bridges that appear every 30 seconds, collect them by running them over with a troop to gain one elixir. There is also an Elixir Storage that stores two elixir spawning on the river It has HP, and whoever destroys the Storage first gains the two elixir. Appears more often in 2x and 3x Elixir

Mega Deck: Build a deck with 18 cards. Less reliance on one card or counter. Elixir accumulates a little faster

Dragon Egg: Similar to Elixir Capture, there is a dragon's egg that spawns in the middle of the river. Whoever destroys it first gains a random dragon (Baby, Inferno, or Electro)

New Card

Earthquake is a three cost spell. It only damages buildings and ground troops. Like in Clash of Clans, it does 400% damage to buildings. It hard counters Elixir Collector (only collects one elixir) and severely damages Furnace too.

Various other changes

-More star levels, including for Rocket and Goblin Hut
-Be notified in-game of live eSports matches in CR News eSports tab
-Emotes that cannot be bought in the shop with gems, like the 3rd anniversary emotes, have a legendary border around them.
-Card artwork redesigns (Tesla, Mortar, Goblin Hut
-Reorganization of the Home tab (Global tournaments under special events)
-2v2 overtime now is 3 minutes
-Supercell ID 2.0 (to be shared later)
-Chest timer boost when reaching a new arena/league
ferrell34
pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    edited April 15
    Patch Notes

Yes, that's a new loading screen B)

INTRODUCING… TROPHY ROAD!

A brand new way to progress in Clash Royale 1v1 Ladder Battles!

Collect rewards as you earn Trophies and progress through the Arenas!
    The higher your Trophies, the better the rewards! Earn Gems, gold, Chests, stacks of cards (of different rarities), Trade Tokens AND Emotes on the Trophy Road!
    Protect your Trophies! Reaching a new Arena activates a Trophy Gate! This means you can’t drop below the Trophies needed for that Arena, or drop to a lower Arena! Once you hit 4000 Trophies, you will not drop below Legendary Arena’s Trophy Gate of 4000, but you can drop through League rankings.
    Activate Chest Speed Up Boosts for 24 hours when reaching a new Arena - unlock those new Arena Chests faster!
    Set your goals! See your Trophy Progress and what you need to do to get that next reward.
    New rewards every Season! At the end of each League Season, alongside the Trophy reset, you will also reset your Trophy Road progress from 4000+. This means that each Season you will be able to earn new rewards throughout! Because of this, we are removing the League Chest, allowing you to instead earn rewards as you progress through a Season.
    Royal Champion League lands in at 6600 Trophies, with Ultimate Champion League now starting at 7000+ trophies!
    View your friends' progress! Enjoy some healthy competition with your friends & Clan members - view their progress on the Trophy Road!
    Existing/returning players will unlock ALL Trophy Road rewards - up to their current Trophies - after updating. Nice!

---

NEW CARD!

Earthquake!
    3 Elixir Cost, Rare Spell
    Deals Damage per second
    Deals full Damage per second to Crown Towers
    Deals 400% Damage to all other buildings
    Damages and slows ground Troops
    Does not affect flying units (it’s Earthquake, not Airquake).
    ---

NEW GAME MODES! (COMING SOON!)

MEGA DECK!

Create a Mega Deck from 18 Cards!

Increased Elixir generation
    Increased Deck size (8 Cards -> 18 Cards - that’s how Mega works)
    Develop new strategies, and new ways to defeat your opponent!
    ELIXIR CAPTURE

Use Elixir from the Arena to defeat your opponent!

Elixir spawns on both bridges, and must be collected by Troops!
    An Elixir Storage in the middle of the Arena gives 2 Elixir when destroyed.
    The last player to deal damage to the Elixir Storage before it is destroyed gets the Elixir.
    Use this extra Elixir to gain an advantage over your opponent!
    DRAGON HUNT! (COMING THIS WEEKEND!)

Players hunt an Elixir Egg and the first to destroy it spawns a Dragon for their side!

When the Elixir Egg is destroyed, another one spawns after 30 seconds
    The spawned Dragon can be either Baby Dragon, Inferno Dragon, or Electro Dragon!
    ---

HOME SCREEN (BATTLE TAB) CHANGES

"Help, I can't find Leaderboards or Training Camp!"

We have cleaned up the Battle Tab, and rearranged some things. The Battle Tab menu now contains the following...

Activity Log, Leaderboards, TV Royale, Training Camp, Tournaments, Settings.

---

NEW PRESTIGE LEVELS

New prestige levels have been added for the following cards:

Rocket
    Goblin Hut
    Knight
    Balloon
    Zappies
    Skeleton Army
    Barbarian Hut
    Skeleton Barrel
    Magic Archer
    ---

NEW EVENT TAB!

This tab is your go-to for anything Event related! In the new Event Tab you will find…

Global Tournaments
    Challenges
    Limited Time Game Modes
    Grand Challenges & Classic Challenges
    Note: Private Tournaments now live in the Battle Tab menu!

---

IMPROVEMENTS, BALANCE, AND OTHER CHANGES

Clone: Radius reduced 4 -> 3
    New loading screen!
    Emotes that are exclusive (not found in the Shop - won from Challenges etc) now have a snazzy Legendary background
    Players won’t see the same Emotes over and over in the Shop!
    Track your Quests Chest reward progress from the Battle Tab
    Cleaner home screen UI
    2v2 Battles now have a 3 minute Overtime
    New card images for Mortar, Tesla & Goblin Hut
    Added a LIVE notification to News Royale, so you can watch live streams as they happen!
    ‘Last seen online’ status added to Clan Members
    Various performance/crash issues fixed
    Supercell ID ‘2.0’! Improved user flow and you can now do more with your Supercell ID. Check it out in Settings.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

• IDProGIDProG Posts: 145Member
    After looking at the Earthquake spell, I can say:
    Elixir Collector is officially DEAD!!!
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 710Member
    To be fair, it is a really good update, there are a lot of fun stuff, a nice ladder rework, some QoL updates. But personally, I may not enjoy it too much because of play style preferences.

“Lets buff beatdown and nerf defense.”

That is what I feel most often with most balance changes and new stuff lately. Earthquake hard counters defensive buildings and siege buildings, I don’t think there is any reliable defense anymore. SC really wants us to spam and attack.

(Where is Tommy? He hates building, he’s gonna love this new spell.)

Not only the new spell, the new game modes are all promoting spamming troops and no defense. It is not the style/strategy that I enjoy most.
  • spicyspicy Posts: 841Member
    Clash Royale... is revived?

• killerkiller Posts: 1,163Member
    While there is fun stuff, none of it imo really addresses what makes ladder so bad.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 315Member
    There is nothing new for 2v2. I hoped to get more challenges with 2v2. As I am not perfect playing alone, I hope for a good team mate.
    And is the update today????? They said every 48h a new challenge but after 3 challenges the system stopped. I really like to play those challenges.
    I dislike the new earthquake card very much, I hope it doesn't make it impossible to play X-Bow. Lightning and Poison are already very problematic.

Maybe ladder can't get better because only 1000 people can be in the top 1000!!!!

Somehow I am not hyped for this update. I didn't watch the trailer on youtube. I have to do that soon. But really not my update this time. I hope my feeling changes if it's out and I can see some positive results.
    Let X-Bow die. Siege was, and still is the most unfun archetype to play against, anyway.

And no, even though I support its death, X-Bow, unfortunately, won't die. Earthquake is only good against buildings. It does so extremely terribly against anything else. 183 damage, takes 3 seconds to deal its full damage, only targets ground, and costs 3? Nobody would use it.
    dude2050
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 534Member
    I'm excited for the 18 card mega deck... say good bye to cycle spam.
    Earthquake is something like poison against buildings??? But X-Bow is a building.
    How does Earthquake affect the princess towers??
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    Earthquake is something like poison against buildings??? But X-Bow is a building.
    How does Earthquake affect the princess towers??

Normal damage, not the heightened damage.
    Yes, Lava Clone is nerfed, finally. Supercell decided to nerf Clone.
    The game is still down but what do you think of the starting screen picture. My favourite colour is green. Maybe that's a reason why I love Clash Royale so very much, because the game is very green. Now the picture is blue! I was shocked and all the times I start to play, I have to see this screen. It's a repellent or repugnant feeling.
    But SC may be lucky because many people have blue as their favourite colour. I wonder what will happen with my Clash activity.

What do you think about this colour. Positive or negative or you didn't recognize it as an important change???
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    Added in the patch notes
    micsfyuen wrote: »
    Not only the new spell, the new game modes are all promoting spamming troops and no defense. It is not the style/strategy that I enjoy most.
    Yeah I don't know how much I'll like Elixir Capture and Dragon's Egg for those reasons
    killer wrote: »
    While there is fun stuff, none of it imo really addresses what makes ladder so bad.
    It seems to mostly help those who recently broke 4K. It does help that there is trophy inflation so tilting isn't as bad. And now trolls can't drop really low and farm crown chests or cards
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    And is the update today????? They said every 48h a new challenge but after 3 challenges the system stopped. I really like to play those challenges.
    The update is today. The new challenge every 48 hours was just to get some rewards and have some fun before the update dropped. Now it's the Earthquake draft challenge, and probably after that maybe the new gamemodes
    Shaggs wrote: »
    I'm excited for the 18 card mega deck... say good bye to cycle spam.
    Amen to that
    pv7u5U6.jpg

• DeltaDroid4DeltaDroid4 Posts: 70Member
    Disappointed with the trophy roads...
    sigpic1927830_29.gif
    I climbed 300 trophies today. Now I am at 5000. But only chest speed up, it's too late to push to the next reward. Trophy roads are a new thing but no totally new invention for clash, it will get boring after some time. But let's see what happens, as I have to admit, they somehow bribed me with a lot of trophies!!!
    It was very very strange. Maybe only a one day phenomenon. I played only against leightweight kind of hog decks. Only the last matches before 5000 suddenly 2 golems appeared, a giant and a lava hound. My problematic decks with x-bow. Or the server delays were on my side. The royal giant match was won by me within milli seconds rocket before fireball....
    So matchmaking is strange!