Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

We’re back to too much spell damage imo

killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
edited May 14 in General Discussion
I remember when they nerfed all the spells because there was too much reliance on direct damage.

Since then they have rebuffed lightning. To be clear, They have rebuffed it for both damage and attack radius.

1 in 5 grand challenge matches now use lightning
About 1 in 8 use rocket.

i recently played a match where the opponent won simply by spell cycling. I don’t think this should be remotely possible.

Some of the current low cost cycle decks can win by getting the majority of their damage through spell cycling. Imo this is contrary to what I think the heart if the game is.
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 737Member
    What do you expect?
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 335Member
    But now the bomber is resitent to a log and a tornado. They made a perfect card!!! Congratulation to the calculation skills of Supercell.
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
    Bufarete posted a video where he continually 3 crowned in the triple elixir challenge just rocket cycling.

Then today in a challenge I faced (and lost to an opponent) who just used cheap defense and rocket cycling. The game is broken now. You can win just by cycling spells.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,117Member
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/7834/guide-how-to-spell-cycle#latest

This discussion clearly shows how strong Spell cycle really is.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    I'll let this thread stay here until the end of the weekend. Afterwards, it's going to the Card Balance Discussion sub.

About the topic, i don't see a problem with it. Heavy spell-cycling is not a dominant strategy right now, just one of the (common) win conditions of Bait decks. Similiar to how Beatdown decks were able to pull off a tank-support push with their opponent low on elixir.

The game is not broken. What Bufarete just did is just focusing on one of the possibilities of winning a match. Not most of the possibilities.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,202Member
    ferrell34 wrote: »

About the topic, i don't see a problem with it. Heavy spell-cycling is not a dominant strategy right now, just one of the (common) win conditions of Bait decks. Similiar to how Beatdown decks were able to pull off a tank-support push with their opponent low on elixir.

The game is not broken. What Bufarete just did is just focusing on one of the possibilities of winning a match. Not most of the possibilities.

While I agree pure spell cycle winning is not a dominant strategy right now, several of the meta decks get a substantial if not majority of their damage through spells. While debatable, imo the game was never supposed to be about spell cycling to victory. The problem with spell damage is it is undefendable. And while using it to supplement your attacks is defendable, the fact that it can be ALL or a majority of your attack is wrong imho
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 478Member
    I disagree. Imo there is more meta decks without a big spell than probably ever. Having said that, I wouldnt mind, if SC nerfs spell dmg to towers a bit.