Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Creating Your Card [GUIDE]

ShadowArius73ShadowArius73 Posts: 4Member
edited October 2017 in Ideas & Feature Requests
Welcome to Ideas & Feature Requests forum! If you're reading this, good, because then you're ready to make your own cards! Today, I'll show you how to make an awesome CARD professionally!
Please note that this thread is not for posting your ideas. This is a guide on making new card idea threads professionally. To post your ideas, click here. Now enough of introduction, let's begin with the guide! :D
j6T0ASZ.jpg
Table of Contents:-
I. The main idea
II. Attacking Strategies
III. Defensive Strategies
IV. Defense against the Unit
V. Balancing
VI. Extra information
VII. Conclusion

I. The main idea

Coming up with the main idea of your card is the toughest part for you need to have an idea that's unique. It must not be already in-game or requested earlier, and shall be balanced (not OP/UP).

For instance, you wanna make a troop card whose DPS keeps on increasing till a max cap, like Inferno Tower. Or you want to make a card which increases other cards' hitpoints.

For spell card, you would like something which helps you in battle. It maybe a spell which increases other cards' hitpoints or a spell which duplicates the all the troop cards inside it.

For a building card, you may like something which decreases the DPS of the attacking troop or something which repels the spell cards such as Arrows/Fireball/Rocket.

Once you come up with an idea, search the forums to make sure that no one has thought of it before you! You don't want to copy someone else's idea. However, if you find a similar suggestion but feel you could put much more detail in or change it up a little bit, go ahead. We love seeing NEW ideas here on the forums! :)

II. Attacking Strategies
A necessary part of your idea is how can one use it in offense. Your idea shall work well with many existing strategies, or it may also create completely new strategies, like the ones made when Ice Wizard and Three Musketeers came out!
Think of the strategies royalers will use most with your new card!

Troops like witches are used behind tank troops like giants which serve as meatshield for the witch. Troops like Princes and Mini P.E.K.K.A.s works well when the opponents runs out of elixir.

Spells like Rage can be used to increase slow movement speed troops, such as Golems, P.E.K.K.A.s and Giants, with higher hitpoints. Mirror can be used after Elixir Collector in order to boost the players elixir production, allowing them to deploy cards faster.

Hopefully by now, you already have a few ideas of some strategies you could use your unit or spell in, and are ready to move on to defensive strategies.

III. Defensive Strategies
So, now you should know how your card will be used in attacking. If someone asked you a question about how it works, you should probably be able to answer it without hesitation. If so, then move ahead and think of how you'll use it in defense!

Defense cards like Inferno Tower and Xbow can be used to counter troops with high hitpoints, like Golem and Giants. Defenses like Teslas can be used to counter high damaging troops like Princes and Mini P.E.K.K.A.s.

Troop cards like Skeleton army deal greatly with single attack units, like Prince, Musketeer and P.E.K.K.A. etc. High damage troops can be used to defend against opponents troops with high HP like Giants.

IV. Defense against your Unit
So, now you should know your card inside and out. So now, let's move to another inportant aspect kept in mind while making new card - defense against it!

Suppose you are making a troop whose DPS keeps on increasing. You will want to kill it as soon as possible. For that, you may want to use Giant Skeleton to take it out. You may also want to use flying troops like Minions to kill it (if troop attacks ground units).

In case you wanna make a spell card which which duplicates all the troops inside it, then people would use Mortars or Baby Dragons to counter it. Arrows can also be effective to counter hordes of troops having low HP.

V. Balancing
This is another important part of your card. Your card shall be balanced i.e., neither OP nor UP. Balancing includes :-
  • Damage
  • Hitpoints
  • Radius [N/A for troop cards]
  • Duration [N/A for troop cards]

Damage:
How much shots will it take your unit to take out a Wizard? Giant? Arena Tower? King's Tower? Choose what you think will be the most appropriate and balanced for your card. Find out the damage per second by comparing it with the hitpoints of other structures using the Clash Royale Wiki.
Note - Use the same method for Spell and Defense cards.

Hitpoints:
How much shots will it take to take out your unit by a Prince? Cannon? Wizard? Minions? P.E.K.K.A.? X-Bow? Inferno Tower? Arena Tower? King's Tower? Choose what is most appropriate and balanced for your unit and find its hitpoints by comparing then to the damage of other troops and defenses using the Clash Royale Wiki.

Radius:
This shall be used for spells and defenses. How many tiles your spell can cover? Or what's the limit of your defense? That's the range. Range is very important aspect for making Spell and Defense cards. Use the current spells' and defenses' range to decide your own card's range! Use the Clash Royale Wiki for this too.

Duration:
How much seconds you want your spell or defense to last? That's the duration of your card. Use the duration of current spells and defenses again to help you decide your own duration. The Clash Royale Wiki contains all such information.

VI. Extra information
This part contains the count, elixir cost, speed, deploy time and target collectively called the statistics of your card. This part is pretty simple. You shall use the Clash Royale Wiki to find out other cards' statistics and set your card's statistics accordingly.
You can also post some pictures of the your unit to give the viewers a rough idea of what your card will look like.

Note - DPS, Hitpoints, Radius and Duration are also a part of Statistics.

VII. Conclusion
Hopefully this guide helped you create your card! And if you're ready to set up your thread, continue reading! :o
Haunted_By_Past.jpg
¦ My Best Idea: Frost Avian - A Flying Troop With Two Attack Mechanism |
¦ Check out my Brawl Stars blog - The Weekly Brawler ¦

Comments

• ShadowArius73ShadowArius73 Posts: 4Member
    edited October 2017
    Table of Contents:-
    I. Name
    II. Table of Contents
    III. Titles
    IV. Formatting
    V. Summary and Description
    VI. Strategies and Statistics
    VII. Graphics
    VIII. Conclusion

I. Name
    The name is one of the most important part of your card! The name shall be appropriate. It shall fit well with the abilities and appearance of the card. The name shall also be catchy so that people remember it.

II. Table of Contents
    This is an extremely important part of the thread; it summarizes all that you are going to talk about in your card, so people can know what they are going to be told about and can help you add more detail if necessary to your thread.

III. Titles
    These are very important part of your thread. You shall add bold and clear titles explaining what you're going to talk in each section. You can even use different formatting tools to make them look more clear.

IV. Formatting
    The format of your thread shall make sense. You shall put everything together in logical sequence i.e., Summary at the top and Trivia and Conclusion at the bottom of the thread. Make everything orderly and easy to read. Use italics, underline, colors etc., in your thread.

V. Description and Summary
    The description is fun to make; Simply make it catchy and clearly state what your idea does in as short of a space as possible. Remember, it will show up on the screen that appears when you click the information button about your unit.

Summary must contain all the main ideas of your card. You should explain what the purpose of your idea is, what Arena level it unlocks, it's rarity, etc. This shall contain all the unique abilities your card has!

VI. Strategies and Statistics
    Add as much attacking and defending strategies as possible. The more the strategies you add, the better reviiew you'll get from the readers. They can tell you whether your troop is overpowered (OP) or underpowered (UP). Start with general strategies and then some unique and powerful ones!

Statistics aren't necessary but I recommend you to add them. It gives the reader the complete idea of your card. It will also help them decide whether it's OP or UP. An easy and efficient way of doing it is mentioned below (CRCM).

VII. Graphics
    This will help readers understand your idea better! Examples of these include the:
    • Picture of the troop
    • Picture of the spell
    • Picture of the defense

You may also add a video about your card. This will help people who are lazy to read. :smirk:

An awesome, efficient and easy to use method of making your card idea graphics is using the Clash Royale Card Maker!

Make sure to upload all of your images using Imgur, so people will not have to click on links, attachments, or see tiny pictures.

Use this format -
    [IMG*]your link here[/IMG] (remove the asterisks)

VIII. Conclusion
    You can also make an optional Trivia and FAQ section before Conclusion. Trivia will contain the information you want to share with others but doesn't fits in any other the sections (like Off Topic :smirk:). Answer forumers questions in the FAQ section. Then thank the readers for reading in the Conclusion section. Here's a example of layout you can use to make your thread -

I. Description
    II. Summary
    III. Graphics
    IV. Statistics
    V. Attacking Strategies
    VI. Defending Strategies
    VII. FAQ & Trivia
    VIII. Video
    IX.Conclusion

So guys, this also concludes this sticky! Thanks for reading guys. I hope it helped you. :D
    Haunted_By_Past.jpg
  • BL4CKN1GHTBL4CKN1GHT Posts: 273Member
    Shadow, IFR are excused from the bumping rule, did you know that?
  • ShadowArius73ShadowArius73 Posts: 4Member
    BL4CKN1GHT wrote: »
    Shadow, IFR are excused from the bumping rule, did you know that?
    Oh, didn't know that.
    Haunted_By_Past.jpg
  • AlphaOmegaAlphaOmega Posts: 407Member
    Of course, it's already been stickied. Thanks, Ligi/Arius.
    91pyjohs2yh6.png
This discussion has been closed.
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell's Fan Content Policy:www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.